Bought 2 40 packs today, live vicariously through me

Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Decided why not, had enough HP for 2 packs after buying some so here we go!

Legendary Token Pulls
redflag.pngicon_thor.png
blackflag.pngicon_elektra.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
blackflag.pngicon_kingpin.png
purpleflag.pngicon_elektra.png
yellowflag.pngicon_starlord.png
yellowflag.pngicon_antman.png
yellowflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png
yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
blueflag.pngblueflag.pngicon_shehulk.png
blueflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png
yellowflag.pngicon_falcon.png
blackflag.pngicon_humantorch.png
purpleflag.pngicon_mystique.png
redflag.pngicon_vision.png
blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png
blueflag.pngicon_hood.png
blackflag.pngicon_bullseye.png
blackflag.pngicon_blade.png
redflag.pngicon_ironman.png
blueflag.pngicon_ragnarok.png
blueflag.pngicon_daredevil.png
redflag.pngicon_cyclops.png
blackflag.pngicon_daken.png
redflag.pngicon_punisher.png

Kinda weird almost all black and red covers haha.
No icon_silversurfer.png of course...oh well I'm done with 40 packs until icon_iceman.png

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry no SS, gave you an upvote. Someone in my sister PVP alliance bought a 40 pk, got a SS blue, so it is possible.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why are people buying 40 packs wouldnt it be wiser to wait till next month and have a 10% chance at a 5 star
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    slidecage wrote:
    Why are people buying 40 packs wouldnt it be wiser to wait till next month and have a 10% chance at a 5 star

Gotta get the new shiny RIGHT MEOW!
  • slidecage wrote:

Sorry, I'll consult you before all future purchases Mr. Gekko! icon_e_wink.gif
  • I hadn't spent any HP in a very, very, veeeeeeeeery long time... so I splurged on four 40-packs. Somehow, miraculouly, not only did I pull 3 SS covers... I pulled three different SS covers (oddly, they were even "in order" from top to bottom).

MAN, is he strong for only being 1/1/1!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    man mango that looks like decent pulls on your packs. 8 ****s total I'd think was pretty good. wasn't that total about the same as purchasing 9 specific covers? no chance a ss there but even if you pulled one and replaced one of the legendaries with it, I think I'd still prefer to build up hb and jean with 4 covers each - they'd immediately be somewhat usable once I got some iso into them.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    man mango that looks like decent pulls on your packs. 8 ****s total I'd think was pretty good. wasn't that total about the same as purchasing 9 specific covers? no chance a ss there but even if you pulled one and replaced one of the legendaries with it, I think I'd still prefer to build up hb and jean with 4 covers each - they'd immediately be somewhat usable once I got some iso into them.

Yeah pretty much. All of those 4 stars were needed, and the rest was nice a ISO boost so I'm not upset. Just got my eyes on the bigger prize!

Will wait for Iceman PVP before buying anymore 40s though icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • icon_iceman.png

Wow, the Icon dept is really on top of things icon_lol.gif
    Priorities
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    warpedlord wrote:
    I hadn't spent any HP in a very, very, veeeeeeeeery long time... so I splurged on four 40-packs. Somehow, miraculouly, not only did I pull 3 SS covers... I pulled three different SS covers (oddly, they were even "in order" from top to bottom).

MAN, is he strong for only being 1/1/1!

Stop hoarding all da luck! Congrats! icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

Sorry, I'll consult you before all future purchases Mr. Gekko! icon_e_wink.gif

no im asking wouldnt it be wiser to wait till next month so you would have a 10% chance.

could buy a 40 pack with my tokens but would rather wait but tempted to just buy one.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    could buy a 40 pack with my tokens but would rather wait but tempted to just buy one.

The odds would be doubled, at a 5*. 10% instead of 5%. But it's not impossible to beat the odds. Pretty sure that those that bought one 40 pk and pulled a SS aren't regretting their decision to not wait. But the odds are there for a reason, you've got a 95% chance to not pull a SS right now, 5% to pull one. Question is, do you feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?

If I had a Legendary token right now, I'd probably pull it. Because the odds do double with the next release, but my token luck means that my odds are doubling from 0 to 0.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    lukewin wrote:
    The odds would be doubled, at a 5*. 10% instead of 5%. But it's not impossible to beat the odds. Pretty sure that those that bought one 40 pk and pulled a SS aren't regretting their decision to not wait. But the odds are there for a reason, you've got a 95% chance to not pull a SS right now, 5% to pull one. Question is, do you feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?

If I had a Legendary token right now, I'd probably pull it. Because the odds do double with the next release, but my token luck means that my odds are doubling from 0 to 0.
    The other thing to note is that the odds for Silver Surfer in particular will *not* be doubling. He'll just be sharing space with someone else. So waiting a month isn't going to make it any easier to get Surfer than pulling now, if that's who you're going for.