20 Iso again?!

timbopp
timbopp Posts: 88
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I know this is something that's been wished for before but surely it's time to recode node rewards.
If a node has 4 rewards please give us those 4 rewards on our first 4 wins, THEN give us our 20 iso pittance per play afterwards. I'm not going to even argue now that 20 iso isn't enough, but getting 20 iso when there is 70/100/250/500/token still sitting in there is getting beyond frustrating.

I am severely iso poor so I have little choice but to farm pve but I've lost count of how many times I've ground a node down to 1 point and then still have had to keep playing over and over again trying in vain to get that last 250 or 500 iso only to keep getting smacked in face with 20 iso each time.

I've finished my Gauntlet and I would love to farm that for iso but already I've replayed some of the easier nodes a half dozen or so times and have gotten nothing but 20 iso when there are still 3 rewards on offer! I feel downright cheated to beat the harder nodes again for just 20 iso. I want that 500 iso reward that's just sitting there, taunting me. I need it.

I know nothing about computer coding but I can't imagine it would be something all that difficult and time-consuming to simply make the 4 rewards on offer be won first. It won't fix the iso shortage in the game but it would be a small gesture that I think would garner a lot of goodwill.

Thank you, and now excuse me while I go back to trying to level up all my 4* characters 20 iso at a time.

Comments

• Poodlec
    Poodlec Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I feel your pain, bro, i only maxed 3 2-stars and it's a big problem already. I'm surely wish that those 4 rewards given to player upon first four completion of the node(maybe from lower reward to highest ? iso-token-cover, like that) and giving those 20 iso on the rest. Random is good for PvP, but having such thing in PvE will surely make life easier.
  • Good idea. Probably this could be connected to some "goals" to reach when repeating a mission. I think about "first enemy hit down after 5 rounds" or similar.

When this "tadadaaada!" - music comes (no one ever wondered about this? icon_e_biggrin.gif), then you know, you did it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Suggestions and Feedback, which is a perfectly valid subforum that people do actually read.
  • um... ok DayvBang.

Sorry, I didn't think to post this there because I forgot about the Suggestions and Feedback section because I seldom read anything posted there.
    And of course because I see so many posts in the General Discussion section that would equally qualify as 'suggestions and feedback'.
  • Dayv
    timbopp wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't think to post this there because I forgot about the Suggestions and Feedback section because I seldom read anything posted there.
    And of course because I see so many posts in the General Discussion section that would equally qualify as 'suggestions and feedback'.
    There are a lot of borderline posts that I consider moving to Suggestions and Feedback, but I try to make a judgment call.

Rambling begins:
    A lot of it is about who I think the main intended audience of a thread is. If it's primarily for the devs to read and consider, I move it over here (this includes ones with polls and things for other players to show their support, since that's a message to the devs as well). If it's wishing things were different, but more focused on commiserating with other players or discussing methods of working around parts of the game people find difficult, I leave it in General. If I'm unsure what to do, I usually err on the side of doing nothing, or get a second opinion from another moderator.

Since I've been defending the existence and use of S&F more actively lately, I've also taken a more active role in discussions here, to try to live by my own example or something.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Can't agree more. I wrote a bug about it being false advertising, which it is. Nowhere does it say you can get 20 ISO. So give us the 4 rewards before defaulting to something smaller, which should be 50-100 at the very least. What is 20 ISO, really?
  • timbopp wrote:
    I know this is something that's been wished for before but surely it's time to recode node rewards.
    If a node has 4 rewards please give us those 4 rewards on our first 4 wins, THEN give us our 20 iso pittance per play afterwards. I'm not going to even argue now that 20 iso isn't enough, but getting 20 iso when there is 70/100/250/500/token still sitting in there is getting beyond frustrating.

I feel exactly the same way I do. I don't understand why they can't give us all 4 rewards first.

I must be a million or even two million away from all the ISO I need.
  • Dayv
    throvolos wrote:
    I feel exactly the same way I do.
    I know the feeling! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    ruyen wrote:
    Can't agree more. I wrote a bug about it being false advertising, which it is. Nowhere does it say you can get 20 ISO. So give us the 4 rewards before defaulting to something smaller, which should be 50-100 at the very least. What is 20 ISO, really?

Agreed, the amount of iso rewards if we received all four rewards per node would not be terribly unbalancing. In addition it should help new players advance faster which is a plus. I also agree that the default after clearing all 4 should at least raise to 50 iso. 20 iso may have been enough early on in the game but you need to increase iso 8 awards somewhat incrementally as the power scale of the game increases.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    ruyen wrote:

Agreed, the amount of iso rewards if we received all four rewards per node would not be terribly unbalancing (say if it is 500/250/100/70 that would be 920 iso for beating a node 4 times?). That doesn't count nodes with standard tokens (100 iso most of the time and power up tokens which are no iso). Another bonus for increasing these rewards is that it should help new players advance faster which is a plus. I also agree that the default after clearing all 4 should at least raise to 50 iso. 20 iso may have been enough early on in the game but you need to increase iso 8 awards somewhat incrementally as the power scale of the game increases.