event tokens

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
are not really that good. i think i've gotten maybe 2 3* covers (1 usable) in the last 3 months.

that is all.

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    dunno what you expect, they're still better than heroic tokens for getting the specific characters it has a boosted chance for. Tokens are and will always be the gambling aspect of the game which can be profitable for D3 since some people have a big gambling addiction.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to hear that you have bad luck with event tokens. I'd say my luck with event tokens is worse than most, but not as bad as yours. I opened 2 of the Gauntlet tokens, saving 1 to have 1 of every PVE token, to see updated cover art. My 2 Gauntlet tokens both yielded 3*. Bullseye black and She-Hulk green. Our bad luck is probably balanced out by the good luck of others, and the bigger the sample size, the more the distribution will look like the odds that are listed.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    lukewin wrote:
    Sorry to hear that you have bad luck with event tokens. I'd say my luck with event tokens is worse than most, but not as bad as yours. I opened 2 of the Gauntlet tokens, saving 1 to have 1 of every PVE token, to see updated cover art. My 2 Gauntlet tokens both yielded 3*. Bullseye black and She-Hulk green. Our bad luck is probably balanced out by the good luck of others, and the bigger the sample size, the more the distribution will look like the odds that are listed.

Better than 3 2* that you don't need.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    are not really that good. i think i've gotten maybe 2 3* covers (1 usable) in the last 3 months.

that is all.

i have been keeping a spreadsheet. Event tokens i am 2/217 on golds since i started keeping it. PVP tokens on the other hand are 26/120.

Event tokens have a worse % than basic recruit tokens for me so far.
  • jredd
    Malcrof wrote:
    jredd wrote:

that is all.

i have been keeping a spreadsheet. Event tokens i am 2/217 on golds since i started keeping it. PVP tokens on the other hand are 26/120.

2 out of 217? is that a typo? i don't know if i've opened quite that many, but that is atrocious.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    jredd wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    jredd wrote:

that is all.

2 out of 217? is that a typo? i don't know if i've opened quite that many, but that is atrocious.

not a typo. This DID NOT include Ultron tokens (which had iso and hp, making them distinct), those were approx 50% gold (until the carol run, then back to the norm)
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    The tokens you get from pve events (both event tokens and heroics) seem to have a slightly better draw for a gold cover. That's certainly the case for me personally. Now whether the cover will be actually useful to me is another story. . . icon_lol.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    can someone summarize again how we earn Legendary tokens, or link me to that post? I can't seem to find it.

I am not at a point where I can shoot for every possible legendary, but I want to try and get as many as I can.

(sorry for the hijack, didn't want to start a new thread) thanks in advance

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32577
    it was in announcements
  • puppychow
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    can someone summarize again how we earn Legendary tokens, or link me to that post? I can't seem to find it.

I am not at a point where I can shoot for every possible legendary, but I want to try and get as many as I can.

(sorry for the hijack, didn't want to start a new thread) thanks in advance

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32577
    it was in announcements

Let me summarize it anyway:

1) earn 1,300 points in pvp.
    2) 1/300 tokens in ddq vault starting on Friday, 9/11.
    3) top 100 season reward starting next season.
    4) top pve placement
    5) weekly special ddq node matching featured 4*.
  • jredd
    so i guess whining online works cause i got 3 today... 1 usable!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    can someone summarize again how we earn Legendary tokens?

4) top pve placement
    I think you mean:

4) top pve progression
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

4) top pve placement
    I think you mean:

4) top pve progression

From the IceIX Q&A thread
    IceIX - (This may change, but current plan) Alliance Season reward instead of the random single 4* now, 1300 PVP progression replacing the 1300 4*, top prize for versus instead of 4*, top score for PVE instead of 4*, additional PVE progression, every 5th day DDQ.

So far, we haven't seen the top prize for versus or PVE swapped to Legendary tokens. I'd prefer the top prize for PVE not be swapped, so I can have a definite cover to decide if I want to go t2 or not. With a token, at t2, more likely not to want to go for t2.
  • jredd wrote:
    so i guess whining online works cause i got 3 today... 1 usable!

No wonder why there are all of those threads.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    i have been keeping a spreadsheet. Event tokens i am 2/217 on golds since i started keeping it.
    Wow! I'll never mourn my "bad" luck ever again. That's utterly horrible. Heck, I seem to usually beat your whole record in every single long event!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    keeping season count of all tokens

45 tokens this season 15 golds.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps someone mentioned this above in the thread, but ice has confined that 4* drop rates are going up next season in heroic tokens. So it's probably worth waiting to see if the same happen for event tokens. That's just a five or 6 day wait.
  • puppychow
    DayvBang wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    can someone summarize again how we earn Legendary tokens?

4) top pve placement
    I think you mean:

4) top pve progression

You get an upvote from me for the correction. Thanks! ^^

I forgot the obvious way to get the token: buy a 40 heroic pk. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Perhaps someone mentioned this above in the thread, but ice has confined that 4* drop rates are going up next season in heroic tokens. So it's probably worth waiting to see if the same happen for event tokens. That's just a five or 6 day wait.
    I'm fairly sure it will, Ice has mentioned before that the odds for event tokens are based on the odds for heroic tokens, they just raise the chance of getting the essential/featured characters. An increase in Heroics should mean an increase in event tokens too.