So, who has Silver Surfer already?

2»

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    what's his 40 pack count up to now?

Wouldn't this be interesting... assuming it is 5%. 3 covers = 60 packs?
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah if he only bought 3....I tested my luck and got some unusable 3*s, 2 4*s - 1usable - and a usable uncanny dp purp from legend token. Others in my alliance tested also with no luck....

Guess I miss read your post...yeah it could have been well over that...maybe he is the guy from workaholics and has that kind of cash....thanks for supporting the game bro!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    So does he start at 255 with being able to level up 15 times?
    Seems a bit weird. Should just start at 270?
    5*s start at 255 and gain 15 max levels per cover available. They start with 1 cover available, so 270 max level.

Isn't 450 the max level?
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    So does he start at 255 with being able to level up 15 times?
    Seems a bit weird. Should just start at 270?
    5*s start at 255 and gain 15 max levels per cover available. They start with 1 cover available, so 270 max level.

Isn't 450 the max level?

Yes he is saying a 1 cover is max 270
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Yes............450 max, 1 cover will let u max to 270
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly79 wrote:
    Yes............450 max, 1 cover will let u max to 270

I see. So 1 cover is level 255.

But 1 cover + some iso is level 270. Got it! Thanks for the clarification.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Pongie wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    what's his 40 pack count up to now?

Wouldn't this be interesting... assuming it is 5%. 3 covers = 60 packs?

I got super lucky and did it in only 10 packs. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    In reply to the comment:

Well, I got my first in one pack. Got my second by my fourth pack. After that I told myself to stop, but I ended up buying six more. The third cover came in my 8th pack, but I had saved up a few legendaries to open at the end.

I also got my first two red Hulkbuster covers. I had sold so many blue covers that I was starting to believe that there weren't any red covers in the packs at all. I finally just decided to open up a second roster slot just to store all those damn blues I kept getting (in PvE he's still useful as 0/5/5 to power up 4Pool). My second Hulkbuster was already at 0/3/4 before I ever saw my first red cover from those legendaries. icon_e_smile.gif

Even at level 300, Surfer isn't really a huge threat. Except his match damage. He's only got 15K health and his two abilities are a waste of AP (his black costs 13 blacktile.png AP and gathers 9 random AP over three turns... it is a worse version of hexbolt at only 2 covers), but dear lord he already packs a mean punch on match damage. 185 blue, 164 red, 144 black, and 93 on team-ups. If I make a crit match with his blues it does over 2K damage. If I do a match 4 on a crit, it does a lot more. Paired up with Quicksilver, I could definitely see him doing a ton of damage in the current PvP. If only I had a use for all that blue AP... I didn't manage to get his blueflag.png , so I'm matching blue tiles for good damage and creating some locked_qs.png , but I don't have his true healing and I'm not leaving him out there with QS and someone with a decent blue ability.

But QS can make crits with his green and can make some match 5s and crit match 4s with his black, so on O they are actually quite fast together.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:

You just burnt through 112K HP in one go?

Holy buckets.
  • deadpool-killustrated.jpg

Whales gonna whale.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whales should wait for the ice-man release event... if you are going to whale, doing it smarter is best.. Whales tend to max a 4* during the release event.. those release event 42 packs give legendary tokens.. why bother doing it now????

I could never whale anything $$ wise, but if i could, i would be smart about it.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Whales should wait for the ice-man release event... if you are going to whale, doing it smarter is best.. Whales tend to max a 4* during the release event.. those release event 42 packs give legendary tokens.. why bother doing it now????

I could never whale anything $$ wise, but if i could, i would be smart about it.

the whole point of whaling is to have it NOW. money has no meaning to someone who is whaling, so doing it "smart" like waiting for an hp sale or something doesnt enter the picture. epeen is all. more power to them.
  • Maybe only the heroic 40pack has a legendary token, the event ones are 42 packs with extra covers and no legendary token? I don't remember they saying anything about other packs.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:

Holy buckets.
    Hey, that's barely more than FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. What's the big deal?
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

Holy buckets.

You know, compared to War of Heroes, this money is peanuts. The amount some people used to spend for cards in a digital came there, the Ultra-Legendary characters fetch what probably translated as $1,000 or more at the time. Not saying either way is right, but some people go for it whatever the game.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Maybe only the heroic 40pack has a legendary token, the event ones are 42 packs with extra covers and no legendary token? I don't remember they saying anything about other packs.
    Curious about this as well. Anyone?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    JordonLee wrote:
    Viral Core from the Crewsaders pulled a blue SS off his first pack.

He now has 1/0/2 SS.

I have no words. Even when it's practically un-whalable people still whale him. Blimey.

Well, if you have a 5 red, max covered punpun, SS can still go down. Just saying. icon_twisted.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Buret0 wrote:

Even at level 300, Surfer isn't really a huge threat. Except his match damage. He's only got 15K health and his two abilities are a waste of AP (his black costs 13 blacktile.png AP and gathers 9 random AP over three turns... it is a worse version of hexbolt at only 2 covers), but dear lord he already packs a mean punch on match damage. 185 blue, 164 red, 144 black, and 93 on team-ups. If I make a crit match with his blues it does over 2K damage. If I do a match 4 on a crit, it does a lot more. Paired up with Quicksilver, I could definitely see him doing a ton of damage in the current PvP. If only I had a use for all that blue AP... I didn't manage to get his blueflag.png , so I'm matching blue tiles for good damage and creating some locked_qs.png , but I don't have his true healing and I'm not leaving him out there with QS and someone with a decent blue ability.

But QS can make crits with his green and can make some match 5s and crit match 4s with his black, so on O they are actually quite fast together.

First off, congrats to you for getting 3 SS covers. Second, I'm sure people would luv to take a crack at your SS defense in QS, if you're willing to leave SS in there. If you happen to have IW with yel/bl covers, I would use her as the third teammate. IW/QS already has synergy for the aoe combo. Now SS can tank blues and once his health is low enough, IW yel will keep him safe while SS match-damage opponents into oblivion.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

Holy buckets.

Meh. I'd rather have a new sword. icon_e_smile.gif