Invisibility Error

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
I sent a ticket over to d3 regarding this, but was curious if anyone else had run into this:

This was in Gauntlet Sim 36. In the turn before, Hulkbuster was down to 200 hp. Invisible Woman launched "Grant Invisibility" which shielded Hulkbuster as intended. On the next turn, Hulkbuster launches "Overdrive" which damages him to death. However, throughout the rest of the match, Invisible Woman's Grant Invisibility token is still on the board, yet nobody on the opposing team is invisible. With the defeat of Hulkbuster, shouldn't the invisibility have been transferred to Invisible Woman? While this ended up benefiting me against the PC, I would be upset if it had been the other way around. icon_e_smile.gif Thanks!

I did submit a screenshot to them.

Comments

• Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Another invisibility error (I think?) on the same node: Hulkbuster was down to ~3000 HP and had enough AP to get off his red punch ability, so I stun him with Captain America's blue. IW then casts invisibility on Hulk which causes the stun to disappear and allowed him to get off his red power. As far as I could tell, the text says nothing about invisibility curing stun? Is that intended or a bug?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    To the OP, I think invisibility tiles target a particular character. I don't think they're intended to transfer when that target dies. The token probably should have been converted back to a normal tile when HB went down.

I can't reproduce the 2nd example because I don't have a yellow IW cover yet. (3 more days!) I wonder if the game just doesn't handle more than one status on a character at a time. In which case, I wonder if something similar can happen if a stunned character is thrown. (Can you target a stunned teammate with Fastball Special?)
  • pheregas
    I actually submitted a ticket about what you're talking about with the Stun cancellation back in August. This was their response:

"We conferred with one of our technicians and they have confirmed status effects will overwrite each other. Thus, when a stunned character becomes invisible, they will lose their stun."

IMHO, this should be written in the power description.

Also, what the power description says "The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Converts a random basic Yellow tile into an Invisibility tile. While it’s on the board, the invisible character can’t be targeted."

This implies that whomever the weakest character is at the moment, they cannot be targeted. I would interpret this to say that that if the weakest character status changes that the character protected would also change.

If it is assigned a specific character for the duration of it's stay on the board, it should really specify who it applies to. In an instance where more than one exists, I'd like the ability to choose which shield to break first.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    They might have meant that the invisibility targets the member of the team who is currently the weakest. However, if that's the case, they should make the invisibility tile convert to basic when that protected character is downed.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    I actually submitted a ticket about what you're talking about with the Stun cancellation back in August. This was their response:

"We conferred with one of our technicians and they have confirmed status effects will overwrite each other. Thus, when a stunned character becomes invisible, they will lose their stun."
    Did anybody else just realize that a well-covered Fastball Special can be used to cure long stuns? Just me?
  • pheregas
    Hah! I got hit by that once. I don't remember the exact scenario, but I had two opponents left standing. One invisible and the other stunned. Then they use a fastball special team-up, launching IronMan40 into the stratosphere.

I was left twiddling my thumbs until he landed, launched his Ballistic Salvo, and decimated the team.

But... Back to topic....

I did receive a response back from the support crew. I'm guessing by their response that what I originally reported was not an intended consequence. (Cut/paste below)

"Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are truly thankful for the information you have given, and we always appreciate any help that players offer us.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you."