New Personal Best

2»

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    How did you get so high without shielding? If you did it all in a run, isn't that "sniping" which is widely derided among the "pro" community? If you took pauses to avoid sniping, how weren't you attacked for 300+ points each time?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone please post a sticky that includes the definition of the word "snipe"?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    How did you get so high without shielding? If you did it all in a run, isn't that "sniping" which is widely derided among the "pro" community? If you took pauses to avoid sniping, how weren't you attacked for 300+ points each time?
    He might have been sniping a little, but if you line up 3 people after the first match the other 2 are shielded and the first might be shielded by the time you find the other 2.
    Also how often are you looking to take on A maxed out Jean Grey and Hulkbuster with a maxed out 3*? For me I need the main 3* to be a stud for me to take them on.

On another note depending on when you climb there might not be a ton of players playing, or the players who were seeing him were so much higher in points he was not worth the points.

Also he is Jamie Madrox
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    I'd be Line if I said I wasn't impressed.

I keep seeing this phrase...what does Line mean, exactly?
    Not used to the terminology.
  • I think it's time we separated the high end players from the lower end players no?

Yes please.

Also, my face is proud to have contributed to your Blue Shift score, whatever that turns out to be.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just chiming in.. got to 909 on a single climb, new personal best. Climb was halted by the lamest loss ever ... to max QS/Cage/IF.. some lucky cascades and they murdered my steve with an uppercut to the chin.. overnight, since i could not afford a shield.. down to 692... but my climb gives me hope of hitting 1k without using a shield when i climb again.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    erbalist wrote:
    You think you're good??? Ha, I beat my previous best PVP Last night by a whopping 16 Points when I reached the promised land of 814 and claimed myself a Hulk cover - He is 3 stars you know? Pushed my Hulk up to a monnsterous 4,0,0 which I believe is the optimum build.

Go me

Compete in The Hunt and you'll get yourself another green, pushing to 5/0/0... the real optimal build icon_e_wink.gif
  • Boommike wrote:
    erbalist wrote:
    You think you're good??? Ha, I beat my previous best PVP Last night by a whopping 16 Points when I reached the promised land of 814 and claimed myself a Hulk cover - He is 3 stars you know? Pushed my Hulk up to a monnsterous 4,0,0 which I believe is the optimum build.

Go me

Compete in The Hunt and you'll get yourself another green, pushing to 5/0/0... the real optimal build icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah got it and i also got the DDQ black too so my i think my hulk is about invicible now right? Who needs silver surfer!!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Sniping is hitting somebody when you know their shields are down and having them lose points.
    Correct. It implies specific intent to reduce the score of the person you're hitting. What JM described was just "climbing".
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, what you are saying is that xmen did a great job of creating points.
    They absolutely did and I would not have been able to do it without them. They're great players and the best of friends.
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Sniping is hitting someone with the purpose of making them lose as many points as possible. Snipers will hit, then float or dump points to hit again. They do this over and over to make you lose as many points as possible.

I was climbing with the intention to shield and not snipe. My initial climb is always the same. Hit the highest points I can each match. If someone is a player I deem to be "friendly" or that I have respect for, I'll skip, ask them on Line if they are shielded, or ask if I can hit them now so that they'll have a guaranteed high point retaliation. For this event specifically, I was lucky enough that as I was climbing I started hitting massive groups of high point players, X-Men and others too, that were hopping or floating and willing to take a hit in return for a good retaliation. Sure there were times I was sitting doing nothing for a while so I could wait for people to shield, but I was lucky enough to be running a good team in a very friendly slice that allowed me to do so. Max Hulk is a great defensive wall for Hulkbuster and Jean Grey to have the time to take a team apart.

The **** event has been a completely different story. I started earlier so there were not as many points out there and the hoppers were all shielded by the time I broke 1K so I ended up running out of targets and shielding in the 1200s.