R83 bug - difficulty approving alliance members

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
I'm trying to approve alliance members but the 'played today' indicator is blocking the functionality of the approve button for me.

Moderator edit: edited subject line for merged topics on same bug.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is after upgrade to R83, right?

Could you post your OS and device type? A display issue like this might be specific to certain OS or specific display layouts.
  • FaustianDeal
    iPhone 6+
    iOS 8.4.1

after updating to r83, yes
  • Dayv
    If you have time to open a customer support ticket with a screenshot, that might speed things along.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same issue on Steam, but if you move the mouse around, the Approve button will flash / be highlighted, so you know you're pressing it, when you click. Might be the same on mobile, that'd you have to find the sweet spot to approve. It's not impossible to approve on Steam, but it does take some maneuvering around with the mouse to get the Approve button to be highlighted / flash because the "played today" message is on top of the Approve button.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    We have an alliance member who can't rejoin the alliance need help!!!

Anyone else having problems after update?
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    We are experiencing the same issue, the new info about when they last played is overlaid on the approve button and you can't accept them in.

Please fix asap so we can get our members back in before the end of pvp tomorrow.

Thank you,
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    I'm trying to approve alliance members but the 'played today' indicator is blocking the functionality of the approve button for me.

Hi. Thanks for the post. Please open a ticket with Customer Support if you haven't done so already: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support

We'll definitely look into it!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had this same issue, and was able to find a "sweet spot" where the "played today" message was not covering the "Approve" button by a fraction of an inch. I think it was on the left-hand side, but honestly all I did was tap furiously all over the edges of the button. Do the same and eventually you should find it if only by chance.

Still, this badly needs to be fixed.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Just happened to me too. Sent something to support. Hopefully this can be resolved before the end of Smash Hit
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Same issue, iphone5. Don't see the pint of openings ticket when this a bug affecting multiple people. Please get rid of the pointless "played today" in the alliance list. We can see that from the daily resupply anyway
  • Dayv
    Varg138 wrote:
    Please get rid of the pointless "played today" in the alliance list. We can see that from the daily resupply anyway.
    If they haven't played today, it tells you how many days ago they played, which you would only know by keeping track of the re-supply list daily, possibly even keeping notes.
  • FaustianDeal
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hi. Thanks for the post. Please open a ticket with Customer Support if you haven't done so already: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support

We'll definitely look into it!

Request #148730 submitted with attached screen shot.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    I've got the same. IOS, on IPad Air 2. I'll open a ticket.
  • I had the same issue on my Galaxy S6 - Android OS 5.1.1. I resolved the issue of not being able to approve due to the z-layering issue (x = horixontal, y = vertical, z = layer depth) by finding the MAGIC PIXEL!!! Keep clicking, you'll find it eventually, mine was in the top left corner of the button graphic, probably where the transparent text asset left-side border doesn't quite obscure the button. Some developer forgot to layer the text behind the approve button asset - tsk tsk - update your test plans folks.