8 Hour Handicap

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
So, the sub for The Hunt ended last night. I log in this morning to do a clear of the new sub (Savage) in the morning.

Instead of a fresh node, reading "Full Points" instead, I see that my starting node has "7 hours 40 minutes" to go until it's worth full points.

That's weird, I think. I decide to clear it anyway, figuring that it's a display error. When I finish it, I only gain the reduced number of points.

That first node is now non-repeatable as it would be normally, but all of my other nodes now say "7 hours 40 minutes" to go. I clear the next quick node, and get reduced points again.

I go to the bathroom. I come back, and now they all have "7 hours 44 minutes" to go. THEY'RE AGING BACKWARDS, OH NO.

I wait another 5 or so minutes. All of the subs now have full points, except for the first one, that now says "7 hours 49 minutes" it now seems to be counting down like it should be.

So... luckily this corrected itself, but that was pretty bad to get reduced points on the first couple of nodes, and if it had stayed like it was (or I hadn't kept checking back) that would have put me considerably behind. I would probably have lost Mr. Fantastic over it, since I woke up at 150 and was about to hit the 100's on this upcoming clear.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen weird timer discrepancies before. Anytime I see this, I force-close the app and restart it and things usually sort themselves out.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    DayvBang wrote:
    I've seen weird timer discrepancies before. Anytime I see this, I force-close the app and restart it and things usually sort themselves out.

Thanks for the tip!

Something else I just remembered is that the "comm link signal lost" message popped up at some point in there. So, I wonder if maybe re-establishing the internet signal may have helped to fix the issue. That would be consistent with force closing the app helping as well.
  • Did you clear any repeatable nodes and find that the timer was still showing 7 hours and XX minutes?

This almost sounds like it could be exploited for mega points.