i think i figured out the next 5*...

Deadsider
Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
... It's going to be a Widow. We don't have enough yet! Lol.

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    All kidding aside, I'm hoping the 5* in October will be Ghost Rider and they have some sort of Halloween themed event! *fingers crossed, lucky underoos on, throw a penny down the well, oops i sold my sold my soul to the devil icon_twisted.gif *

677290-ghost_rider_coverc.jpg

I know Dr. Strange is another prime candidate but with the movie coming out next year I imagine they will save him for then. Hopefully the November 5* will be a villain. Apocalypse doesn't seem likely since IceIX mentioned he was more likely to become a boss character (a la Gorgon and Ultron) so I am hoping for Maestro:

312e1d3c.jpg

That way we have a variety of of Epic types (hoping epic doesn't simply mean cosmic) Although, I definitely wouldn't complain if it was Captain Universe Spidey lol
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Thanos or else

vG38VHE.gif
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    All kidding aside, I'm hoping the 5* in October will be Ghost Rider and they have some sort of Halloween themed event! *fingers crossed, lucky underoos on, throw a penny down the well, oops i sold my sold my soul to the devil icon_twisted.gif *

As much as I'd like Ghost Rider in the game, please let it not be a 5* icon_e_sad.gif .
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lee T wrote:

As much as I'd like Ghost Rider in the game, please let it not be a 5* icon_e_sad.gif .

I agree. To me, making him 4* would be like when they made Elektra 4*. She didn't seem to fit the tier.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lee T wrote:

haha i take it you don't want to test your luck! true enough, it seems 5* will take an eternity to acquire so i know what you mean. So should we be hoping they offer us 5* Paste Pot Pete and Hypno Hustler? lol
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since every star rarity needs a Thor, I guess...

C6EEsqo.jpg?1
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    My guess for the next 2 are World War Hulk and Dr Strange. Also Jean Grey Phoenix and Thanos at some point.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor

677290-ghost_rider_coverc.jpg

i just hope it's going to be Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch Ghost Rider, not Robbie Rayes with his stupid car.
  • Here are my thoughts on good candidates for each tier:

5*: Thanos, Dark Phoenix, Apocalypse
    4*: Cable, Bishop, Gladiator
    3*: Gambit, Jubilee
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I assume there will be a 5* wolverine to be honest haha.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Aw man, now I'm jonesing for a 5* Bill.

MAKE IT HAPPEN
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    JordonLee wrote:
    I assume there will be a 5* wolverine to be honest haha.

Old man Logan... if you believe the rumors
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quasar.

Just for pure awesome.

Then gimme a Darkhawk 2* and I'll buy roster spots for them both.

With money.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Since every star rarity needs a Thor, I guess...

C6EEsqo.jpg?1

I would have expected King Thor, although Bill is a prime candidate.

And, of course, there's always room for another Wolverine, Spider-Man, or Iron-Man.
  • Bagman needs a 5* version.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apocalypse doesn't seem likely since IceIX mentioned he was more likely to become a boss character (a la Gorgon and Ultron)
    That comment is also making me less certain we'll see a playable Thanos. Which is actually fine with me, really, I think it would be boring if the 5* was purely drawn from the cosmic side of the Marvel fence, even if some of the easiest characters to justify that power level fall in that bucket.

5* Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) could be pretty great if they also did a lower-tier version of him from one of the periods before he lost the title or was temporarily stripped of it.

5* Yelena, you heard it here first.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Surfer is the first, to complete the "Infinity Trio" i would hazard you need Adam Warlock and Doctor Strange. Although Thanos is not off the table.