Countdown Triggered Twice

I was playing with Star Lord and Marvel Now Magneto, and I had one of Star Lord's Purple Piece at the top, and Magneto's Red towards the bottom. The Purple went from 2 to 1, and then Magneto's triggered from 1 to 0. This destroyed the tiles underneath of the Purple, which then moved towards the bottom of the board, and then the purple immediately counted down from 1 to 0. Seems like it managed to count it down twice, since it triggers countdown tiles top to bottom, and since it moved from above the Red stopping point to below it.

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, this is a well known bug.

If somehow a CD-tile is moved below the last CD-tile resolutions place, its timer can decrease multiple times.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see this most often with Billy Club. It'll expire at the top of the screen and reform at the bottom, and then immediately tick down.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see this most often with Billy Club. It'll expire at the top of the screen and reform at the bottom, and then immediately tick down.
    Ah, so that's why it's sometimes a 2-turn countdown! I hadn't realized that was what was happening!
  • Ah. That explains why my Billy Club stuns get out of sync. It hurts more than helps because two Billy Clubs end up stunning the same target instead of staggered one turn apart.

Two ways to resolve the issue: 1) pause all tile drops until all CDs finish 2) internally flag the CD with turn # (initialize with current turn #) and skip the decrease if already processed for that turn (this is optimal otherwise you have to do an additional loop if you have a simple boolean flag; adding it conditionally during a rendering loop is hacky).
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or mark a tile as "seen" when it's first encountered and don't update seen tiles more than once. Of course, that wouldn't fix the very example I provided unless any newly created Billy Club tile is immediately marked as seen.

Or just leave things the way they are and call it a feature. You can do some fancy stuff with countdown placement. Now that I'm deeper into the game, I've started thinking about where to place, say, I Got A Plan and Sleight of Hand so that the second one benefits from the first one. Adding another layer that takes into account drops can let you do some wizard level stuff.