end bait and switch PvP points

2»

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    I had an idea in the shower that a quick fix would be to display a timestamp on the information so you at least know when your client received the opponent data.

Resurrecting this thread because I had the same sort of idea as the above from BlackSheep101 and searched and found this.

I think a simple timestamp would do wonders, like "now" or "less than hour ago" or "1 hour ago", "2 hours ago", etc. Vets who play PvP know that when you're skipping through potential battles the point values may be out of date; it would be great to know how out of date they are.

I also propose that in addition to seeing how many points we'd receive, it would be awesome to see how many points that opponent has in the PvP at the time of the timestamp. We see those values only when we're attacked, but if we're able to see them when we're about to attack it would add critical information to aid in our (sometimes split second) decision making process on who to attack next. If it's a fairly weak team that I'm told will give me over 50 points, but their score is over 800 and it was more than an hour ago, I'm probably going to skip that team, because they may have had a slide down in that time. And if it's someone posting a score over 900 right now, I'm going to hold off on hitting them out of common courtesy, since I'd rather they get over 1000 points and shield (not only does it give them the progression reward and my points bounce off their shield, but I'll get more points than advertised because they'll have more points when I hit them).

Right now we have to make a lot of guesses based on the limited information we have available -- are they in the top leaderboard, are they part of a top alliance, etc -- to determine whether a potential target is going to have the points advertised when we finish a match. But just adding a timestamp and the opponent's score would take a lot of guesswork away. It wouldn't be perfect, but the timestamp and score would be very simple additions to the PvP experience that wouldn't change the underlying mechanics or gameplay at all. (Which means little work, and no testing really needed by the devs.)