Vault Update Necessary

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
There are both pros and cons to the vault system, as we can all agree. I love the idea of a limited stock of rewards that you can slowly collect. However, there are a couple different ways in which it could be vastly improved.

1) Reduce the number of rewards from 300 to 100 (or even 50 like those reward vaults they demoed, which I loved! I even paid HP for extra pulls until I finally got my Star Lord that way).

or

2) Keep it at 300, but don't have the Vault reset after 5 days. Have it be indefinite. The fairly useless "Reset Vault" would then have value. Frankly, I would pay HP to reset the Vault, but 1,000 HP is ridiculously high. Maybe 400 or so.

or

3) Get rid of the 2* covers. Nobody is relying on the vault for that -hard-to-find 2* cover. There are no hard to find 2* covers and the game is flush with them at every turn. Just about every heroic level reward token is packed with a 2* character (but that complaint goes in a different thread icon_e_smile.gif )

3.1) Increase the Iso Reward amount. With the 2*s going directly to 250 Iso for me, eliminating the 2*s and increasing the Iso-only rewards does not add any more Iso into the game. (However, with so many 4*s coming into play, we need more Iso for leveling purposes, not to mention the 3*s... I have most my three stars fully covered, but nowhere near enough Iso to actually level them).

4) Some combination of the above.

I like the vault system, I really do. I just think it is skewed to give the exact same payouts as a standard heroic token (check the math on those by clicking on that little golden Question Mark in any event recruit window to see what I am talking about). The Vault should be something a little more rewarding IMHO. It is a good idea, but it could be much better.

Also.. For anyone thinking about keeping tokens for weeks and weeks until they have a half a vault full of them, remember that even if you spend 200 all at once, you're still not guaranteed one of those three 4*s in there. Even with 199 of them redeemed, there's still only a 3% chance that you'll get one on that 200th pull. (and those odds are why I'm a big fan of my #1 idea up there).

Comments

• free spins!!! plus maybe instead of reset vault, pay to lock vault and you can release it any time. i think that would be more helpful.i don't even check the vault contents while hoarding is in progress.