Suggestion: Stop moving things to the Suggestion forum

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
The suggestion forum is much less visited than the general forum, and so ideas posted there will get a lot less feedback from the community than ideas posted to the General forum.

Instead, create a system to tag threads or posts as feedback threads so that if anyone is looking for just suggestion/feedback threads they can filter by that tag.

I fully expect this thread to be moved to the Suggestion forum in a supreme show of irony.

Edit: as proof, I posted this in both the General and Suggestions forums. The General topic got 13 views in the same time that the Suggestions topic got 3 views. Now the General topic has been moved. Why do our suggestions need to go in a little hole that no one ever visits?

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    I fully expect this thread to be moved to the Suggestion forum in a supreme show of irony.
    Well, it *is* what this forum is for.

Things get read here. Player feedback is important, but it's nowhere near the first thing the devs are looking at. I mean, we could all agree that 4* covers should cost 50HP, but the devs would never implement that no matter how popular it was.

If we leave everything in General Discussion, that forum will be even more active and unwieldy then it already is. An organized forum board is easier to use.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    But couldn't most threads be technically labeled as suggestions? Any post with any sort of agenda is suggesting that you agree with their opinion on something. Usually it's an opinion about how the game should be.

Edit:

And isn't a suggestion just the constructive side of an opinion?

If I post my feelings about some feature of the game, that's an opinion, and I imagine that we're allowed to post our opinions of the game in the General forum for that game, right?

But, the second I make the post constructive and offer a potential way to make some aspect of the game better, instead my thread has to go to a dark corner of the forum that only a fraction of the readers go to?

So, that's basically saying that we shouldn't be constructive in our opinions on the General forum?
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    Well, it *is* what this forum is for.

Things get read here. Player feedback is important, but it's nowhere near the first thing the devs are looking at. I mean, we could all agree that 4* covers should cost 50HP, but the devs would never implement that no matter how popular it was.

If we leave everything in General Discussion, that forum will be even more active and unwieldy then it already is. An organized forum board is easier to use.
    If we all leave when they don't... then maybe we got a shot.