What Storylines Would You Like to See?

IamTheBiggs
IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't think we've had a new storyline since the Rocket and Groot introduction. There's certainly a LOT more toons available, even since then so we have plenty more than enough to play with in terms of story, not to mention some themes from the original comics themselves!

Civil War (most likely, what with the movie around the corner)
Avengers vs X-Men
Etc.

What ideas do you have? What would you like to see?

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm waiting for "Biggs gets kicked in the nuts by the Marvel Universe."

But more traditionally, I'd really like to see any of the many amazing X-Men stories that have been told over the years. Specifically, Dark Phoenix and Extinction Agenda.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Infinity Gauntlet - Community vs Thanos event
    Galactus Hungers - Community vs Galactus event
    X-Men Phoenix rising - Jean Grey turning into Phoenix and the Heroes fight her till she gains back control
    Pumpkin Bombs - Spidey and Heroes vs Green Goblin and villains
    Enemy of the State - Rewrite the Story so Wolverine doesn't look like a stupid wuss
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I posted a poll in July: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=31634&hilit=+PVE+Poll

Feel free to bump this up
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    one that doesn't involve 2* daken, bullseye or jugg
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    House of M.

They could finish Dark Reign sometime (Norman Osborn as Iron Patriot anyone?)

Speaking of Norm, Spider Man stories need some love. Put in some Green Goblin/Sinister Six.

Also, more of a concept than a story, your own personal danger room. Pick your team, pick your opponents. Just sort of a test area, no rewards required.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    one that doesn't involve 2* daken, bullseye or jugg
    or ares!!!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:

Yeah, but if the rumoured Ghost Rider comes out it'll be way too easy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Xenoberyll wrote:

Yeah, but if the rumoured Ghost Rider comes out it'll be way too easy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

lol...some writers are just stupid. Galactus is a living force of cosmic balance and it's ridiculous for him to feel the pain of devouring innocents.
  • It would be so easy to an event where each day is a quest for a different Infinity Stone and a battle with Thanos as the final day it's kind of hard to believe they haven't done it already.

But I suppose they're waiting for Thanos to be released as a character, which could well be being saved for Infinity War movie promo so we've got 2 years to wait.

I'm quite a fan of 1986's Mutant Massacre crossover, but we're missing every single one of the Marauders (even Sabretooth) so that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

How about the Kree/Skrull War? That ought to convert to PvE format very easily with chapters on both the Kree and Skrull homeworlds as well as Earth bassed chapters and middle-of-nowhere-in-space chapters.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maximum Carnage.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Also, more of a concept than a story, your own personal danger room. Pick you team, pick your opponents. Just sort of a test area, no rewards required.

I really like that idea. I'd be amazed if it ever happened, unless they've already done the coding for beta testing or something.

Frankly, as far as stories go, I'd be just as happy to see them string together a nonsensical series of characters/events from the in-game dialogue thread (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32468). Anything but all Dark Avengers fed by goons, all the time, yet again...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Also, more of a concept than a story, your own personal danger room. Pick you team, pick your opponents. Just sort of a test area, no rewards required.
    love this idea - no health taken off too. just a pure test area would be great to try your hand at bigger teams to develop strategies and determine if that 68 pt match vs 300s is really worth it with 166s.
  • How about....

Atlantis Attacks! (introducing Namor?!)

Avengers Disassembled (maybe introducing a 4* House of M Scarlet Witch?)

Secret Wars (4* God Doom?! Molecule Man? Beyonders?!)

Avengers Forever (Kang?)

Secret Invasion (skrulls + imposter versions of characters)

and I love the idea for a Sinister Six or Extinction Agenda story, or a New Fantastic Four story featuring Patch, Hulk, Spidey and introducing Ghost Rider.

At this point I don't care if they ever finish Dark Reign - and I hope they never ever make an Iron Patriot. If Norman Osborn gets added to the game it should be as a 4* Green Goblin, not some hack version of Iron Man.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Deadpool kills the Marvel universe.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Finish Dark Avengers
    Old Man Logan
    Dark Phoenix
    Simonson Thor run introducing Beta Ray Bill
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Siege (The end of Dark Reign; needed characters: Iron Patriot, The Void)
    Dark Phoenix Saga (Best X-Men story; needed characters: Shi'ar Imperial Guard, Phoenix/Dark Phoenix)
    Civil War (Any character is fair game! Might need some kind of branching path function unless we all just accept that Cap Was Right)
    Secret Invasion (Any character is fair game, and can function as a Dark Reign prelude)
    Under Siege (Die Hard in the Avengers Mansion can be easily repurposed into a Dark Reign story, but would work better with the Masters of Evil in play)
  • 3 Months to Die/The Death of Wolverine

We finally get Sabretooth and Shadowcat, plus Lord and Lady Deathstrike, Viper, Ogun, 13 special Hand Ninjas.

And, of course, Wolverine's yellow is disabled.

And a bonus round where you get to beat the snot out of Dr. Cornelius!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the moment I would settle for any new story that has relevance to the latest release.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    At the moment I would settle for any new story.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Civil War (Any character is fair game! Might need some kind of branching path function unless we all just accept that Cap Was Right)

An interesting mechanic would be teams. You choose a team and can use all of the boosted characters from that team, but your opponents are all the characters from the other team.
    You cannot use characters from the other team either...obviously.

Maybe add some kind of meta game whereby the teams that do best get rewarded...somehow? Maybe team progression throughout the whole of MPW, like the PvEs used to do with point targets.