Lower the DP vault to 50 tokens.

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
How about it?

Edit: Now with more poll.

Moderator edit: made poll less leading, and perhaps less trollish. I'm also going to move this to Suggestions and Feedback. -DayvBang
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    I assume you mean 50 prizes? If so, what all are you going to eliminate from the current prize pool?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but this poll seems overly biased
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    The vault could stand to lose a lot of 2* baby fat...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I firmly believe in kicking puppies. There will be no piddling on rugs on my watch!
  • But that makes no sense. Mostly because their are a lot more people in the 2-3 or 1-2 transition than you'd think. Doing this would only favor us at the top. And while I'd love that it would likely alienate anyone newer.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love puppies. I saw the answer with them in that and click it. Did I do that right?
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Wanna bet that the only thing left in those vaults then, would be Bag Mans?
  • But that makes no sense. Mostly because their are a lot more people in the 2-3 or 1-2 transition than you'd think. Doing this would only favor us at the top. And while I'd love that it would likely alienate anyone newer.

I'm not calling this quote out specifically other than to ask the question -

At what threshold, given the current state of the game, is it thought that a player qualifies as "at the top"?

I'm curious what the common perception is of when a player has moved into the upper half or upper quarter of the player base.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think the vault could stand to be reduced to something less ridiculous, maybe 100 prizes. 300 is way too much. It defeats the whole purpose that drawing the rewards you don't need would help to increase likelihood of rewards you want. It's true, technically, but increasing 1/300 to 1/299 chance is laughable.

However the ratios of rare to common rewards are fine imo. Like others said there are plenty of people who are in the 2-star level who need them.
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I think they just need to tweek the vault just a little bit. Cut 50 or so prizes and add a few more 3* and 4* and it would greatly help, and maybe reduce hoarding as well.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    But that makes no sense. Mostly because their are a lot more people in the 2-3 or 1-2 transition than you'd think. Doing this would only favor us at the top. And while I'd love that it would likely alienate anyone newer.
    As a prime defender of fixing all ends of the game and biggest 1-2 and 2-3 supporter on the forum, the taco vault is too big.

2 stars are plentiful. as are 1 stars.

3 stars should be simpler to get and 4's shouldn't be a holy grail.
  • 4x 4*
    1x 1k hp
    1x 10k iso
    30x 3* (the 5 same on that token rotation, 2 of each cover)
    15x 250 hp
    30x 5 packs
    30x 1500 iso
    Fill with some 2*, like 50, and there it goes, a reasonable 150 items vault.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Hmm, perhaps I should elaborate.

The purpose of the "vault" is supposedly that removing items increases your odds of drawing a different item.

With 300 items, you have to remove 150 items before you've doubled your chance of drawing any given item.

So, after hoarding for 150 days (because you have to alternate which vault you're filling). You can currently increase the odds of pulling any one item from 0.333% to 0.666%. Or, you can currently increase the odds of pulling a 4* cover from 1% to 2%.

I think that hoarding for 150 days and seeing a 1% increase in odds on 4* covers (and that's only the increase for the last pull, mind you) is a ridiculous proposition.

If they decreased the number of items while roughly maintaining the same proportions, then people could cash in their tokens for guaranteed loot at more regular and reasonable intervals without having any impact on long-term distribution rates.

Or, if they decreased the number of items while increasing the 4* proportions, then.... gasp.... that would help serve their stated goal of distributing more 4*s.

Why do so many of you hate puppies? It's a game. You don't want more fun things?

Edit: Sorry, Soitswritten, but this point is really sticking in my mind. There seems to be a logical gap in the argument:
    But that makes no sense. Mostly because their are a lot more people in the 2-3 or 1-2 transition than you'd think. Doing this would only favor us at the top. And while I'd love that it would likely alienate anyone newer.

Phase 1: People now only have to hoard for 50 days to guarantee drawing a 4*

Phase 2: ???

Phase 3: Things are worse for people transitioning 1-2* or 2-3*

In fact, this would be better for those people as well, since they could hoard token for 50 days and guarantee pulling whatever 2*'s or 3*s were in their vault too. Or they could pull every day and it would be like nothing happened. What's the downside for those transitioning to the lower levels?

300px-Gnomes_plan.png
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    could not reduce to 50 and keep same proportions. I'd be ok as long as it kept 1 **** cover, but could keep the exact same proportions and bring down to 100 - that would be only 1 **** as well and with as many ****s as we have, and keeps growing, if you're looking for something specific, it might be a while. only half of the ****s are worth emptying a vault for and even some of them have less useful abilities than others. still, I think I'd prefer 100 to 300 myself.