The Character Age List:

Options
The idea is that the characters are listed, with the last update to their abilities and date of update afterwards. If the change was not listed in the patch notes, I don't have it unfortunately. This does not include blanket changes, such as HP adjustments, or cosmetic changes.

Updated. Eventually caved and just used forum post dates for the characters, as there seemed to be no concrete release date on several characters. Feel free to reply or PM with any corrections.

This is currently only for the 3 star.png rarity. I may eventually do the other rarity levels if that seems like something people want.

All Dates done by US practice, MM/DD/YY.

Name/Last Change/Forum Release Date/Days since last update as of 9/5/15

icon_beast.png Special 4/17/15 tutile.png 8/28/14 iso8.png 141 days
icon_blackpanther.png R61 9/24/14 tutile.png 2/21/14 iso8.png 346 days
icon_blackwidow.png R78 6/22/15 tutile.png 11/9/13 iso8.png 75 days
icon_blade.png [No changes] tutile.png 10/23/14 iso8.png 317 days
icon_bullseye.png R77 6/4/15 tutile.png 5/20/15 iso8.png 93 days
icon_caroldanvers.pngR78 6/22/15 tutile.png 7/16/14 iso8.png 75 days
icon_colossus_new.png R71 2/19/15 tutile.png 9/7/14 iso8.png 198 days
icon_cyclops.png [No Changes] tutile.png 2/12/15 iso8.png 205 days
icon_daken.png R60 9/9/14 tutile.png 4/4/14 iso8.png 361 days
icon_daredevil.png Special 12/11/14 tutile.png 1/24/14 iso8.png 268 days
icon_deadpool.png R79 7/8/15 tutile.png 7/26/14 iso8.png 59 days
icon_doctordoom.png R71 2/19/15 tutile.png 11/18/13 iso8.png 198 days
icon_doctoroctopus.png Special 4/17/15 tutile.png 9/24/14 iso8.png 151 days
icon_gamora.png [No Changes] tutile.png 11/18/14 iso8.png 291 days
icon_humantorch.png [No Changes] tutile.png 4/1/14 iso8.png 522 days
icon_ironfist.png Special 3/23/15 tutile.png 2/23/15 iso8.png 166 days
icon_ironman.png [No Changes] tutile.png 10/24/13 iso8.png 681 days
icon_kamalakhan.png R78 6/22/15 tutile.png 3/23/15 iso8.png 75 days
icon_loki.png Special 12/9/14 tutile.png 10/10/13 iso8.png 214 days
icon_lukecage.png [No Changes] tutile.png 12/23/14 iso8.png 256 days
icon_magneto.png R60 9/9/14 tutile.png 11/11/13 iso8.png 361 days
icon_mystique.png R78 6/22/15 tutile.png 11/5/14 iso8.png 75 days
icon_psylocke.png[No Changes] tutile.png 2/11/14 iso8.png 571 days

icon_quicksilver.png[No Changes] tutile.png 4/7/15 iso8.png 151 days
icon_ragnarok.png Special 3/12/15 tutile.png 10/29/13 iso8.png 177 days
icon_rocket.png[No Changes] tutile.png 11/18/14 iso8.png 291 days
icon_falcon.png Special 5/8/14 tutile.png 4/14/14 iso8.png 485 days
icon_scarletwitch.png Special 7/15/15 tutile.png 4/22/15 iso8.png 52 days
icon_sentry.png Special 11/14/14 tutile.png 5/19/14 iso8.png 295 days
icon_shehulk.png R78 6/22/15 tutile.png 4/28/14 iso8.png 75 days
icon_spiderman.png Special 5/23/14 tutile.png 10/31/13 iso8.png 470 days
icon_squirrelgirl.png[No Changes] tutile.png 1/14/15 iso8.png 234 days
icon_captainamerica.png[No Changes] tutile.png 3/20/14 iso8.png 534 days
icon_storm.png[No Changes] tutile.png 4/28/14 iso8.png 495 days
icon_hood.png Special 11/14/14 tutile.png 11/5/13 iso8.png 295 days
icon_hulk.png R67 12/15/14 tutile.png 12/19/13 iso8.png 264 days
icon_punisher.png Special 7/21/15 tutile.png 12/5/13 iso8.png 46 Days
icon_thor.png[No Changes] tutile.png 3/5/14 iso8.png 549 days
icon_vision.png R81 7/31/15 tutile.png 5/6/15 iso8.png 36 days
icon_wolverine.png R46 1/21/14 tutile.png 1/8/14 iso8.png 592 days

This post will be updated later with more info, just wanted to put up what I found while scouring the patch notes.

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to clarify, by "launch date" are you referring to when they were added to heroic tokens (which is what I assume, given your dates referencing the specific version releases, with several characters having the same day), when their release PVE concluded or when they were first available in event tokens (I forget when characters started being included in their release tokens, but it seemed like that was something that only started in the past ~6 months or so)?

In any case, I like the idea...
  • ZootSax wrote:
    Just to clarify, by "launch date" are you referring to when they were added to heroic tokens (which is what I assume, given your dates referencing the specific version releases, with several characters having the same day), when their release PVE concluded or when they were first available in event tokens (I forget when characters started being included in their release tokens, but it seemed like that was something that only started in the past ~6 months or so)?

In any case, I like the idea...

None of the above are launch dates, they are the most recent changes to the characters. Launch Date, I mean by when they were first obtainable/added to game. Generally speaking, the idea is to obtain a grasp on who's been present the longest without any visible balance adjustments.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blade was right around Halloween 2014, IM40 was like the first 3* added (probably Oct or Nov 2013). QS was a week or two before SW, Storm was 2 weeks after She Hulk?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a great idea. But I think that more metadata would be useful. So when listing the last date of a change, it would be helpful to know what that change was. So for punisher, you have him listed as July 21, 2015, which was the last change for him. but it was a very minor change (judgment no longer targets the outer row/column of tiles so it always destroys all 9, an improvement we still need for switch). Other than that small tweak, he has been unchanged forever.

That's different from someone like beast, who was a completely different (and useless) character prior to the last change dated April 14.

Also, to avoid confusion since this forum has plenty of europeans and others who always write the dates backwards, should probably make clear that you are using the (proper and correct, but completely nonsensical) american format of mm/dd/yyyy.
  • Updated. It was hard to track down a "launch" list that wasn't spread over multiple sources, so I went ahead and used the individual character threads start date, barring a few exceptions.

Listing the individual meta data would be a longer term project, as I'll have to go back through the patch notes again and run links, and then that would include several characters seeing multiple hits. Daken would likely be the worst offender of the bunch. I mainly wanted to present a visible "This long since noted adjustment" age, and a majority of these are small tweaks, and in fact, possibly smaller than Punisher's. Deadpool was the one I really questioned adding at all, since it was bundled with Thing and their Leap Forward mechanics, but I stuck with my rule of "If it changed, the developers looked and adjusted, so it gets listed" for the list. There have been very few "complete revamps" , especially after the first year, from what I saw, but I guess revamp is a matter of personal opinion.

This isn't to say that some of the characters were just released into the wild and ignored for eternity, I highly doubt that is the case, personally.

If anyone sees anything I missed and has a source, please feel free to pm me or reply to this thread, so I can update it.
  • mindsuckr
    Options
    As someone who has only been playing for a few months, this is really cool to see. I always thought characters like Iron Fist had been around forever, but I come to see they are only 6 months old.
  • Alx85
    Alx85 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A 4star age list would be handy given the new ddq legendary token node. I'd like to know which 4star to pour ISO into for the next few days. We had wolverine then nick fury, not sure if these are chronological or random? Assume thoress or invisible woman is next maybe??
  • That actually may not be helpful for predicting DDQ schedule, as it's been stated the release schedule is -not- the DDQ schedule, it just lined up that way for the first few 4 stars.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LThor and Lcap are 2 of the oldest.. and still 2 of the best. Nice to see that got a couple right, from the start!
  • Malcrof wrote:
    LThor and Lcap are 2 of the oldest.. and still 2 of the best. Nice to see that got a couple right, from the start!

I think this ties into the 2 star tier just being better balanced across the board over all. There's not really a "bad" character in that bunch, IMO, and I suspect if they were all "Lazied" up to 3 star they'd be pretty good in that tier as well, aside from maybe Bullseye. (And I bet some would argue 2 star Bullseye is better than 3 star, actually.)
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Iron Man seems to be the oldest of all, and could use a little love. His blue is too pricey for what it does, and his yellow doesn't get better with more covers -- in fact, many people state yellow is actually better with fewer covers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    (And I bet some would argue 2 star Bullseye is better than 3 star, actually.

3* bullseye has become one of my go-to 3*s, and i plan on getting him to 166 the next time he is boosted.. he is a machine, good damage, great strike tiles, and being able to setup match 5's and other cascades, all for fairly low AP costs.. I will definitely argue this one icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    (And I bet some would argue 2 star Bullseye is better than 3 star, actually.

3* bullseye has become one of my go-to 3*s, and i plan on getting him to 166 the next time he is boosted.. he is a machine, good damage, great strike tiles, and being able to setup match 5's and other cascades, all for fairly low AP costs.. I will definitely argue this one icon_e_biggrin.gif

I definitely like 3Bull, myself, as well, if for nothing more than his passive animation. He just looks so happy to be taking down people. His purple is solid, and his green is one of the more finesse abilities in the game.