What if Standard Tokens became...

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
A 1000 item Vault. Go

Edit: Apparently I was sleeping when I posted this lol. I posted my thoughts on this idea below.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    No.
  • So much better than what it is now. They at least before had a slim chance to pull a 4 star and that is gone now, so basically they are 100 iso and a pain in the rumpus to constantly open yielding absolutely nothing useful when you are covered for 3 stars
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i've gotten significantly more 3* covers from standards the last month than i have from the vault + heroics + event tokens combined.

not sure if this is a vote for standards or just how dismal my other tokens have been recently.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe. It seems unnecessary.

What I would like is an "open now" button when you receive the token. This would let you open it straight away and then return immediately to what you were doing. If you're in the middle of a shield hop, or grinding in the last minutes of PvE, then you could still choose to claim it as it now.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to make this a separate thread, but I was thinking LR tokens made WAY more sense to turn into a vault. Put maybe 50-80 covers in there, weight them towards the featured chars like usual and throw in 3 4* or something. People will start playing LR quite a bit more than I think they do at the moment. I know I frequently blow them off cause I don't have the time or don't feel like grinding them out for essentially just iso. If there was a better chance at getting covers I actually need that may change. Anyway, seems like a positive change for the community and a way to drive up player engagement which I would imagine being a positive thing for D3/demiurge.
  • Punisher5784
    To be honest, I don't even remember posting this lol. This is what happens when you play until you fall asleep icon_lol.gif

Anyways, let's face it standards are boring and pointless once a majority of your 3*'s are covered. It would be more useful as a vault with a few 4*'s, 3*'s, HP, Healthpacks, ISO and such. Obviously opening a 100 standards at a time would be annoying with the animation (There should be an Off option!), it would be better if the vault opened all tokens at the same time, just one vault animation. I realize it would suck if the vault had 4/3*'s that you do not need but let's face it, you often do not pull many 3*'s and I don't think I've ever pulled a 4* so anything is good. The Vault reset can be a cheap 100 HP.

Surprised by the negative feedback so far.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    not sure I get the health pack craze. they never help me when I pull them. of course I never pve grind to 1 (usually only to 100 or so - can nearly be done with no health packs) and never pvp push from 0 (usually push from 600s and use 6-8 health packs tops). those are the only times I can think of where I'd use more than 10. grinding pve to 1 is unfun and I play the game for fun...and prizes, but those aren't worth that much unfun. pvp pushing for zero is for the start late placement crowd and I'm completing more and more *** characters who don't need covers. 1K is too important to risk starting from 0 to me.

I wish health packs be removed from vaults altogether or give us the ability to sell them for a little iso but apparently they fixed a bug where that was possible sometimes so I don't think that is coming.
  • Punisher5784
    To be honest, I don't even remember posting this lol. This is what happens when you play until you fall asleep icon_lol.gif

Anyways, let's face it standards are boring and pointless once a majority of your 3*'s are covered. It would be more useful as a vault with a few 4*'s, 3*'s, HP, Healthpacks, ISO and such. Obviously opening a 100 standards at a time would be annoying with the animation (There should be an Off option!), it would be better if the vault opened all tokens at the same time, just one vault animation. I realize it would suck if the vault had 4/3*'s that you do not need but let's face it, you often do not pull many 3*'s and I don't think I've ever pulled a 4* so anything is good. The Vault reset can be a cheap 100 HP.

Surprised by the negative feedback so far.

I wouldn't call it negative feedback. From the OP I thought you were just throwing it out there. Neither for it nor against it just wanted to see what the considerations might be.

For new players, all tokens are helpful. But standards lose their luster pretty quickly. By day 20, my Android account is already below 50% on useful pulls from standards.

On my 'real' account, day 440, I am thinking why not just have a button to liquidate all stds on hand for 125 iso8.png ea.? I'll never know what I missed, but I know it would save me time icon_lol.gif I only need a few 3*s for respecs, and the 4* rate is so low, I'd rather just cash out.

Well technically I was just throwing it out there, I just happened to be half asleep lol. I agree on the cashing out, I also wish we had a button to "Sell All 1*, 2*, 3*"
    TxMoose wrote:
    not sure I get the health pack craze. they never help me when I pull them. of course I never pve grind to 1 (usually only to 100 or so - can nearly be done with no health packs) and never pvp push from 0 (usually push from 600s and use 6-8 health packs tops). those are the only times I can think of where I'd use more than 10. grinding pve to 1 is unfun and I play the game for fun...and prizes, but those aren't worth that much unfun. pvp pushing for zero is for the start late placement crowd and I'm completing more and more *** characters who don't need covers. 1K is too important to risk starting from 0 to me.

I wish health packs be removed from vaults altogether or give us the ability to sell them for a little iso but apparently they fixed a bug where that was possible sometimes so I don't think that is coming.

I agree and understand. I would be happy if they remove the Healthpacks from the Taco Vault then put them in the Standard Token Vault. I doubt many players would be upset if they pulled Healthpacks from the Standard Vault.
  • I'd rather just have an "Open All" option, and get a text breakdown, only seeing covers of gold/rare/legendary characters. Then I can use the existing "Sell all" once I make any training/roster swaps i need to
  • jredd wrote:
    i've gotten significantly more 3* covers from standards the last month than i have from the vault + heroics + event tokens combined.

not sure if this is a vote for standards or just how dismal my other tokens have been recently.

^This,^ but not just the past month. I cannot even count how many times I've opened 50+ tokens, Heroics, Standards, Tacos, and event specifics and gotten noticeably better results from my Standards...

DBC
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Maybe. It seems unnecessary.

What I would like is an "open now" button when you receive the token. This would let you open it straight away and then return immediately to what you were doing. If you're in the middle of a shield hop, or grinding in the last minutes of PvE, then you could still choose to claim it as it now.

And to add to that, after you open it a button to immediately sell it instead of just claim it.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:

^This,^ but not just the past month. I cannot even count how many times I've opened 50+ tokens, Heroics, Standards, Tacos, and event specifics and gotten noticeably better results from my Standards...

DBC

i got 2 more after i posted this. one last night, one this morning.