May 15th, 2016

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
That's my Taco-day. I think... I didn't do the math very exactly. I have 87 tokens currently (89 after I finish DP today).

600-87 = 513 tokens needed to fill both vaults. 513/2 tokens per day = 256.5 days.

http://www.convertunits.com/dates/daysfromnow/257

So, if I don't miss any more clears (I've already missed a few, though) I get to open all of my tokens that day.

Or maybe I'll just use them when I need health packs.

What's your Taco-day?

Comments

• nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Every week taco Tuesday! Oh wait.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just wanted to check in with a question. Does this strategy work? I thought that stockpiled (expired?) taco tokens generated a new vault with every pull, making the hoarding thing unreliable. Is this no longer the case? Or was it never the case? *confused* I haven't been on the forums much recently, so I could be out of the loop on the current available information.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    The two vaults rotate from active to not. Just open the tokens from the active vault and it shouldn't change. Not sure if they fixed the inactive vault resetting or not.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    The two vaults rotate from active to not. Just open the tokens from the active vault and it shouldn't change. Not sure if they fixed the inactive vault resetting or not.

As long as the guys you want aren't two weeks apart.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    My Taco Day keeps on slipping, because I keep on using up Taco Tokens for health pack reloads if I'm trying to hit 1K without shielding on the way there. I don't think I'm ever going get there, I don't have the self discipline to hoard one stack.
  • At one point I was saving them, then I realized they're excellent to open in small increments when you're out of health packs on a final PVE grind, or working up to a first shield. So now taco day is maybe once a week or two if I need health packs.
    I'm at the point where I only need 4* covers. I've gotten a single useful cover out of the taco warehouse since they moved into the vault system. So they're better for me if I view them as health packs that sometimes give me iso or HP.

I did open about 30-40 of them recently as I saw two JG green covers which I could use in there. No JG greens, but my health packs were at 45 for a while.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Yes they are a great source of healthpacks for 4 star transitioners. Hoarding them from 300 days or so seems a bit silly since chances are the vault system will be very different by the time you are ready to use it. Not to mention that its just faster to accumalate 4* through PVP than through taco tokens.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Hate to bring you bad news, but since there are two vaults that rotate every 5 days it would probably take 2*256.5 = 513 days if I'm not mistaken and your objective is to be able to completely empty one vault. This would make it January 27th, 2017... Good grief, that is a looooong time to save up. icon_e_ugeek.gif

Mine would be even farther away since I opened both stacks when they were at 60. At 60 there is about a 50-50 chance you get a 4*, and luckily both times all 3 4*'s in my vault were useful... *drum roll* You guessed it, got no 4* at all... Did get a IF purple (from first vault) and 2 times 250HP (from second vault) for my trouble, and for some inexplicable reason 10k Iso is also a 4* reward and I got one of those too.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    StevO-J wrote:
    Hate to bring you bad news, but since there are two vaults that rotate every 5 days it would probably take 2*256.5 = 513 days if I'm not mistaken and your objective is to be able to completely empty one vault. This would make it January 27th, 2017... Good grief, that is a looooong time to save up. icon_e_ugeek.gif

You can win 2 tacos each day, so to reach 300 tacos for each vault takes (optimally) 300 days.

My Taco day is Friday the 22nd of April 2016. Provided there's something interesting in the vault at that moment (and the vault still exist as we know it eight months from now)
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Lee T wrote:
    StevO-J wrote:

You can win 2 tacos each day, so to reach 300 tacos for each vault takes (optimally) 300 days.

My Taco day is Friday the 22nd of April 2016. Provided there's something interesting in the vault at that moment (and the vault still exist as we know it eight months from now)

Yes, you're right, my humble apologies. The beginning point of the calculation stated 600 tokens total, I really need to read more carefully. Still a long wait, but I was wrong in thinking it might be even longer. Sorry again!
  • On April 27, 2016 I'll have 300 Sweet tokens. I've earned them all since the start and never opened one. If someone had done the same with Savory tokens their taco day would be 5 days later.

Realistically though, once I get close I'm just going to start opening as soon as I get a vault with three 4*s I need, and if I run out of tokens I'll use HP to make sure I get the covers.