PVP attacks and scoring

Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can anyone explain the code logic on how the match server determines what players are attacked and who are not. In my bracket last night there was a player in 11th place (I was 15) with over 900 points in the last 20 hrs of the VS event, the player was unshielded when I stopped for the night and was still unshielded the next morning and had the exact same score 9 hrs later. How is it possible the player was not attacked (win or lose the pts would change)? Also how can you be attacked 5 times or more in the time it takes to play out a single match 5-8 minutes? What kind of **** logic is built into the match servers? I am also curious as to how a player can advance more than 10,000 pts in a story event (Wolverine/Hand), in 30 minute time span, where the max score for any single story match is 500 pts and the player has a max character strength of level 140? I was 3rd and This player in my bracket went from outside of the top 10 to #1 in 30 minutes time. A climb of more than 10,000 pts.

Comments

• acebirchey wrote:
    Can anyone explain the code logic on how the match server determines what players are attacked and who are not. In my bracket last night there was a player in 11th place (I was 15) with over 900 points in the last 20 hrs of the VS event, the player was unshielded when I stopped for the night and was still unshielded the next morning and had the exact same score 9 hrs later. How is it possible the player was not attacked (win or lose the pts would change)? Also how can you be attacked 5 times or more in the time it takes to play out a single match 5-8 minutes? What kind of **** logic is built into the match servers? I am also curious as to how a player can advance more than 10,000 pts in a story event (Wolverine/Hand), in 30 minute time span, where the max score for any single story match is 500 pts and the player has a max character strength of level 140? I was 3rd and This player in my bracket went from outside of the top 10 to #1 in 30 minutes time. A climb of more than 10,000 pts.

PvP- While hovering at 900 is not common, it is possible. You need to look at the person's roster. If they are decked out in 4*s, especially the new ones like Sam Wilson and Deadpool, many people will just skip them in favor of easier targets that will be beaten faster. 900 seems like a lot, but in certain time slices, 900 is very average.

The reason you're being attacked 5 times in 5-8 minutes is precisely that. Unfortunately, high level PvP is all about speed. 5-8 minutes is an eternity. Most people who score 1300 will be done with a match in 2, 3 minutes tops. That means boosting ISO boosts and +1 AP boosts as needed. This is probably also in combination with your roster being an easier team to defeat. If I q'd a 3* team and a 4* team, I'd skip the 4* and hit the 3* team. It's not so much a server problem, but rather people choose to hit you based on what they see.

PvE-I'll keep this one short since I'm not a PvE focused player. There could be a variety of reasons for someone to make large jumps in PvE. Personal scaling means lower leveled rosters face lower leveled fights. Optimal timing is also important. Those in your top 10 may have grinded inefficiently or early, while the person in question could have waited til their nodes refreshed.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Not trying to hijack this post, but can anyone tell me how your PVP team gets picked when you are attacked? Is it the last team you used in PVP? The last team you used in the game? Or some formula decided on by the AI?

Thanks in advance.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not trying to hijack this post, but can anyone tell me how your PVP team gets picked when you are attacked? Is it the last team you used in PVP? The last team you used in the game? Or some formula decided on by the AI?

Thanks in advance.
    The short easy answer is people see the last team you won a fight with in that event. Emphasizing these cause people get it confused all the time. I think there was a bug for a while that you could set your defensive team even by losing a match, but I'm at least fairly certain that was fixed (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The reason it's not as easy as that is that you can be queued by people at any time so it's hard to know what team they fought if you change your team even on an infrequent basis. Someone may have queued you at any point of your climb and saved the node. Also retal nodes are always the team you used to beat that person (and similarly you see what team they used to beat you), so you can be sure what team they faced in those occasions.