Question for D3 - PvP Stats?

PriceCzech
PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Would it be possible to get some statistics for some of the recent PvPs?

I would love to see some numbers with how many shards there were, what the top scores in each shard were, and if possible, I would love to see how many people are hitting the 1k and 1.3k progression rewards.

I'd also be interested to see how many people hit those progressions and already have those characters maxed (or at least have no use for those covers).

Would any of this be possible? I know it would take some time to pull the data together, but seems like it would be worth seeing.

Comments

• PriceCzech
    No response from D3, but I'd like it if this topic didn't disappear into oblivion.

Any comments, suggestions? This information would be interesting to see.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tossed you an upvote because I agree. I just didn't think it merited a proper response. But hey, why not?

Bump for visibility!
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I agree also
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Not the easiest thing to pull together. Not that all the data isn't there, but we don't have any ready-made filters for what you're asking is all.

Some of it we don't like giving out, like shard numbers/number of people per shard. It sounds stupid, but that kind of info can be mined and give a better idea of our user base size if people can get enough samples, which can then be extrapolated into revenue, etc etc. So we try to avoid those numbers.

Top scores I can do. People who hit 1000 or 1300 is slightly rougher, but doable. Comparing that to rosters to check which already have those covers would be a more difficult proposition. It's obviously something I could pull, but it'd be a lot of work for what amounts to simply sated curiosity. Without a specific question that I could answer from that, it'd be hard to warrant the amount of time to gather that data. About all I can think of is "Are a significant number of people gaining new covers?" to which I can definitely answer yes through indirect means. Ability purchases for both characters at 1K and 1.3K always spike just after a Versus ends.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    PriceCzech wrote:

I would love to see some numbers with how many shards there were,

There were 5, like always. Now, if you mean how many brackets, that's a different question. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PriceCzech
    lukewin wrote:
    PriceCzech wrote:

I would love to see some numbers with how many shards there were,

There were 5, like always. Now, if you mean how many brackets, that's a different question. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yes, I did mean brackets. Thanks for the clarification. icon_lol.gif
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Not the easiest thing to pull together. Not that all the data isn't there, but we don't have any ready-made filters for what you're asking is all.

Some of it we don't like giving out, like shard numbers/number of people per shard. It sounds stupid, but that kind of info can be mined and give a better idea of our user base size if people can get enough samples, which can then be extrapolated into revenue, etc etc. So we try to avoid those numbers.

Top scores I can do. People who hit 1000 or 1300 is slightly rougher, but doable. Comparing that to rosters to check which already have those covers would be a more difficult proposition. It's obviously something I could pull, but it'd be a lot of work for what amounts to simply sated curiosity. Without a specific question that I could answer from that, it'd be hard to warrant the amount of time to gather that data. About all I can think of is "Are a significant number of people gaining new covers?" to which I can definitely answer yes through indirect means. Ability purchases for both characters at 1K and 1.3K always spike just after a Versus ends.

Would you be able to release bracket information as a percentage of player base, as opposed to total players? That may not be everything OP wants, but I think it would paint a similar picture.

As for the 1000 and 1300 feedback, I think it would actually be more beneficial to you guys. Are as many players as you expected hitting the 1/1.3K marks? More/less? Are the players that are hitting them all organized (in top alliances, where you would expect to see them hitting these progression rewards) or do you see more/less independents than expected?

I... may or may not have a data problem.