Changed match making algorithm?

hamsingame
hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
In the 4* Captain America pvp event it seems almost impossible to queue people outside of a 34-44 point range (unless there are none of them).

One of the advantages of being in an coordinated alliance is being able to queue alliance members, wait til they shield then hit them - this has been incredibly difficult this event since I haven't been able to queue people much higher than me.

At the time when my alliance was most active, everyone was experiencing a similar problem - is it just us, or have others felt this is the case too?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    hamsingame wrote:
    In the 4* Captain America pvp event it seems almost impossible to queue people outside of a 34-44 point range (unless there are none of them).

One of the advantages of being in an coordinated alliance is being able to queue alliance members, wait til they shield then hit them - this has been incredibly difficult this event since I haven't been able to queue people much higher than me.

At the time when my alliance was most active, everyone was experiencing a similar problem - is it just us, or have others felt this is the case too?
    I have found queuing difficult this event too, but the last few have not been as difficult for me, so I just figured it was bad luck. leaderboard seems solid shielded and I can't find a t10 alliance in my queue at all. maybe the big boys changed slices or maybe everyone is extra cautious with it being for a ****. 1 is usually more reliable than this.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    What slice are you in? And when did you start? If it's a dry slice, and/or you're an early climber, it's normal to not see any q's much higher than 38 .. because you're one of the highest players in the slice. You'll have to work together and grind your way onward.
    He's in Crews, they know what they're doing.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    For this event, I'm in Shard 4, with the xmen. I've noticed that they've been climbing relatively late compared to the previous event. They started having members grabbing the top progression reward on day 3 (early), whereas it occurred by mid day 2 in the last event.

I haven't seen many players with a maxed out Sammy, and that may be part of the issue.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I have to agree with the OP a little here...
    Yeah, they climbed early and #d out. If the OP and his friends aren't over 800, they'll never see them. And if they're aren't any other top alliances there, then, again, the OP and his alliance will have to make their own targets and grind it out.
    Although 800 usually is the sweet spot, for captain, we found that the "magic" number was 900+ before being able to successfully q up everyone,