It's still sticking there in my mind...

2»

Comments

• nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    They just nerfed jean purple looks like specifically for ultron. So your 100% correct. Bait and switch ?
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I spent $50 to buy a few covers for XF, shortly before the nerf. I got to use him for a month or two prior to having him nerfed, and he earned me my first 700+ and 800+ scores (back in the days of regular scoring, not these 75pt matches). I'd say I got good use out of him, and he helped me place in a tier that was previously unreachable. I understand the nerf, and why they had to do it at the time - he was the only really viable 4* and you basically had to have him to place well. That said, in current day and age, even if he were his old self (or close to) he'd have much competition in the 4* realm. As many have pointed out, he wasn't overpowered - other characters were simply under powered, or not yet developed (I'm looking at you HB, JG, and PX). I am not bitter about the nerf, but certainly experienced disappointment, and learned a valuable lesson - do not spend money to buy hp/covers. This doesn't mean I don't buy covers using the in-game hp, but I simply won't put any more money into the game - it's too unpredictable.
  • the reason why i don't spend money on this game is cause of the way they make changes. In most character changes it is usually negative, always taking away from the player not adding to them. mags was a lateral change that didnt break the game, daredevil was made better but still lack luster, xforce was the best player heavy change they made but we all know how that turned out. I think all the rest that i can recall can be called negative or lateral. This causes many players to fear their changes, i cringe when ever they mention "balancing", which they may not even realize it.

but then again i never raged harder then with true healing... i was about to report a bug but then i found out it was working as intended? they made their choices and i have made mine accordingly.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    This is the thing that blows my mind.

They announced these changes and got tons of feedback on them.

They clearly understand that the changes greatly upset a meaningful portion of their playerbase.

They post in threads about how they're listening to player feedback.

They do nothing to ameliorate the concerns the players brought up.

They released 4* characters that are distinctly better than the nerfed characters.

They never revisit the topic, release DP daily, and hope everyone forgets.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was pretty disappointing they didn't at least slightly buff Thor. She was pretty damn powerful at first, definitely, but she was hit too hard with the nerf hammer. A happy medium would have been nicer.

X-Force...eh, removing the AP gathering made sense to me. I remember seeing the new move and thinking it looked utterly insane with what it did. It looked like it just did way too much for what it cost.

Since there's a definite 3-4* transition going on, having him at this level feels weird. He feels like a really good 3* rather than the average to meh 4* he's become.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have yet to drop any money into this game, despite being sorely tempted on several occasions and in fact actively looking forward to the anniversary sale to buy in for the first time. Unlike everyone else, it seems, my reasons are completely different. For me it just boils down to the fact that I have an allergic reaction to the concept of spending money on a phone game. Despite the generally high production quality, hundreds of hours played, friends I've made across alliances, and more, I still can't shake the idea that paying anything at all for a phone game is for suckers. It's completely irrational and I still can't quite get over it.

I don't want to get into the other part of this conversation, but it is easy to see where the truculence over character changes comes from. Indeed, I miss having X-Force do what he used to, and I was a vocal part of the True Healing fracas. It's an interesting thing to see how the game has progressed since then. But it's not what has kept me from paying into the game at all. Go figure.