TU timers

Xenoberyll
Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Teamups are largely accepted among my friends and used as helpful tools that can bust you out sometimes. I like sending them to my allies but i'm annoyed by the different timers on them.

If i send out Iron Fist (that great purple i hope), he goes on a cooldown of 8 hours.
If i send out Magneto (classic) i have to wait 24 hours before i can send somebody again.

Star levels have an influence obviously, although one could argue that a few powers from 1* or 2* characters are among the best you could ask for.

How are these cooldowns determined?
Does a short cooldown take away from the points the Devs allot to determine powers?
Can't they all be the same 8 hours?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    The bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish... and make some #### up.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I think the 36 hour ones are excessive.

They should all be shortened one level so 24 hour is the longest imo.
  • eShock
    eShock Posts: 42
    See this guide for list of the timers (and other info on TUps): https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28918
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Agreed - why is Vision's patrol timer 24 hours? He has one sendable TU power, and it's lousy. In the same time period I can send out Captain Steve or Blade or Iron Fist or Bullseye 3 times, and I'd take any of those powers (except Steve Rogers' Yellow) over Solar Beam.

What sort of algorithm is in place here?

I understand the restriction on most 4*s to 36 hours is to limit the availability of superstrong TU to people at lower levels. But the immense variation with 3*s having some of the best powers take 8 hours and some of the worst 24 hours? It just doesn't make sense.
  • aaronrodg
    aaronrodg Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    eShock wrote:
    See this guide for list of the timers (and other info on TUps): https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28918

Thanks for posting this link, it give good information.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    The bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish... and make some #### up.

While simultaneously directing a stream of tachyons through Geordi's visor
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I wish they would put a 20 day timer on Ragnarok because I inevitably get tons of his TUs and they are always the useless Blue power.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Strategically speaking, what are the best characters to send? I've just been sending my top 5, but maybe that strategy is kinda weak now that I think about it.

(I belong to a guild called the Wirthy if anyone wants to look at my roster.)
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Strategically speaking, what are the best characters to send? I've just been sending my top 5, but maybe that strategy is kinda weak now that I think about it.

Whenever people in my alliance request TUs, they normally note what they are looking for in the alliance chat as well. If you are just randomly sending, I try to send characters that don't really have a bad power you can send, as the color of the TU is random. Most requests I see are for AoE or stuns, with an occasional AP steal (OBW).
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor

Cage and Jean are always good. Kamala's another good one. Storm (classic)'s blue is fantastic, and worth (IMHO) having a dupe that's 0/5/0 so you can reliably send it. Juggernaut is probably the best board-shake in the game. Either Deadpool is good, though for different reasons. Surgical Strike is very good, although XFW's other two range from bad to terrible. Penance Stare might be the best TU in the game (sub-5* range; I haven't given much thought to the 5*s), although Ghost Rider's other two are pretty lame.

Lazy Thor's yellow is one I love to get, and his green is pretty good. His red, however, isn't.

Loki is a pretty good TU, too. His black is very situational, but awesome in those situations. And his purple is pretty decent board shake for almost nothing.

Doc Ock's blue and Venom's green are both great against special-tile spammers (and Venom's yellow is no slouch either, more generally) like Carnage or Mohawk.

Captain America's blue and red are both great spot-removal and AP battery.

I'm probably missing a few good ones, but those are ones I like to receive.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker

I tend to like high damage single target ones myself. I really only use TU's as a "he's going to use a high damaging power next turn, must kill!"

If no one asks for a specific one, my favorite 3 Stars to send are:
    icon_deadpool.png - Only has two possible, but either a very cheap high damage single target or a WWW available when you can't to use Deadpool (like in a Heroic)
    icon_cyclops.png - All 3 are strong; one AP converter and two efficient high damage single target skills
    icon_blade.png - Only has two possible, but either AP steal or very strong Attack tiles
    icon_kamalakhan.png - Only two possible, but either a very efficient AOE or an AP converter
    icon_magneto.png - Board shake, strong single target Blue, or lots of Protect tiles Preferable to get Red or Blue though.

If the new IM40 is allowed to send his vastly improved Yellow as a TU, I could see that being in great demand. Probably won't be possible though with its stun drawback.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards

as a group we burn through a lot of TUs. so I like to keep my requests mostly to 1*s and 2*s, since those return fastest. my mainstays are mbw blue, jugs green, and obw purple. usually those are the 3 in my slots, but sometimes are switched out depending on who I'm running or facing. if facing goons, i'll sub a obw blue for purple since I get a mix on obw. loki black is always fun when facing thing or squirrel, or blade or daken, or probably even OML.

other popular requests include: 4jean, GR black, kk, fist purple, 4pool purple, 3pool red, rulk purple, xf black, 4cyke, 3mags red.

ranked in order of most commonly requested from my alliance is:
    1 - mbw
    2 - jugs
    3 - fist
    4 - general stun request
    5 - obw
    6 - cheap damage
    7 - kk
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor

Modern Black Widow blue is probably one of the best TUs in the game and only 6h cooldown.

Original Black Widow is also very nice (8h CD)

Iron Fist purple is a welcome sight for most (8h CD)

Mystique is pretty decent too (8h CD)

Carnage red is a nice and quick AOE (12h CD)

Classic Cyke can bring nice utility or a packs a punch (12h CD)

Jean is great but comes with an excessive CD (36h)

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:

Modern Black Widow blue is probably one of the best TUs in the game and only 6h cooldown.

Original Black Widow is also very nice (8h CD)

Iron Fist purple is a welcome sight for most (8h CD)

Mystique is pretty decent too (8h CD)

Carnage red is a nice and quick AOE (12h CD)

Classic Cyke can bring nice utility or a packs a punch (12h CD)

Jean is great but comes with an excessive CD (36h)

For some reason i read that expecting a poem......