Taco Vault - Impatience Wins Out

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I got bored and my taco vault has some good 4*s and I decided to open my 56 tokens. Here's how it went:
(Spoiler alert, I should have kept waiting icon_lol.gif )

The Vault – 56 tokens

2* - 27
5x Health Pack – 10
250 HP – 1
1500 iso - 8
5000 iso – 1 whoo
1000 HP – 1 WHOOOOO!

3 Storm Black
3 Spider Blue
3 Spider Yellow
Colossus Yellow - "Needed"
Luke Cage Black - Needed
Groot Yellow – Needed (Respec)
3 Thor Green
Rags Green - "Needed"

So I got a few useful 3*s, 1,250 HP, 50 health packs and about 26k iso. Not bad. Wish I would have pulled at least one of the 4*s, but I still have 10 tokens to earn this week, so I've still got a shot.

Comments

• The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    116 tacos on Steam, never pulled a 4*.

91 tacos on mobile, have pulled one 4*.

Granted, I don't have the patience to hoard, so that is incredibly dispersed, but I've had 1 4* out of 207 tacos between the two accounts.

OTOH, 17/116 on Steam have been 3* (9/91 on mobile).

ISO-8 on Steam: 2x10000, 9x1500. ISO-8 on mobile: 12x1500, 2x5000

HP on Steam: 4x250, 1x1000. HP on mobile: 6x250

health packs on Steam: 15 10-packs. health packs on mobile: 8 10-packs

So that's kind of interesting. Your 56-taco redemption yielded 16 3* all at once, while mine spread 17 out over 116 tacos on Steam and spread 9 out over 91 tacos on mobile. Your ISO-8 rate was higher than either my Steam or mobile accounts in terms of percentage of tacos yielding ISO-8, though my total ISO-8 redemptions were higher.

My HP pulls on Steam have been greater than yours both in pure terms and as a rate stat; total HP pulled on mobile is the same as yours, but as a rate stat I've pulled HP more frequently on mobile.

Where you pull away is on health packs (as a percentage of overall pulls, at least) and 2* (as in, you pull them less frequently).

I still don't know that I have the patience to wait that long, but it's interesting to see the difference.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    ...Granted, I don't have the patience to hoard, so that is incredibly dispersed, but I've had 1 4* out of 207 tacos between the two accounts....

So that's kind of interesting. Your 56-taco redemption yielded 16 3* all at once, while mine spread 17 out over 116 tacos on Steam and spread 9 out over 91 tacos on mobile. Your ISO-8 rate was higher than either my Steam or mobile accounts in terms of percentage of tacos yielding ISO-8, though my total ISO-8 redemptions were higher....

OP pulled all that from one vault, so that's why they were able to get more 3*. They had better odds to pull decent stuff, since some of the **** was taken out.
  • udonomefoo
    50 healthpack.pngicon_lol.gif

Well you're all set for one hell of an iron man run in something!

Seems you did OK to me. I never hoard for more than a day. I had a weeklong taco 2* streak going, finally bent a bit today by 250 imcoin.png

Last night I accidentally opened my season 10pk. Had no clue. Hadn't been tracking season score. Was very confused when multiple covers started flying at me. Got 2 golds ... Mystique aaaaaaaaaaand ... Mystique.

Congrats on saving up 56. Have you sen the threads about vault odds? If there was only 1 thing you really wanted, you need 120 tokens to have a 50/50 shot. The more possible "wins" the fewer tokens it "should" take to expect to realize at least one of them.

Yeah, I did read those odds threads. My goal was 100 but I got the itch. Health packs for everyone! icon_razz.gif
  • udonomefoo
    Tonight's tacos pulled a 2 storm and....... 5 more health packs.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've pulled the 1k HP reward three times. That's the benefit I saw not waiting. The idea of stocking is that's if they decide to change the Vault before you hit 300, you kind get screwed since I believe of rotation pulls are bugged. You don't want 150+ tokens like that and having that Vault reset every pull.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    You only pull from the active vault...

Pull from the other and it will always be 1/300
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I needed healthpacks for PVP and went to the vault. I had 52 Sweet and 60 Savory. I like round numbers so I was going to pull til I got healthpacks, and think I would've been fine after 10, but I figured why not keep going. Ended up pulling 20.

IF purple - dupe can use
    250 HP
    1500 ISO x 2
    5 Healthpacks x 3 (will be worth it, if I can grab the 1k in KK)
    2* x 13

I think I pulled the IF and the 250 HP within the first 15 pulls. If I tripled what I pulled to compare to your pulls, I'd have a lot worse luck.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just play DDQ for the ISO now. Two 3*'s needed for everything so I'll be surprised when they come up, and I don't even look at the number of Tacos I have since I won't pull them until I can empty the vaults....so that will be a year from whenever they started.

This event - which when introduced I looked forward to each day/week with great interest - was a great way to 3* transition. But the game has passed 3* into near irrelevance, and DDQ will suffer the same fate of irrelevance unless/until they turn it into a true 4* transition method.

It would be easy to take the vault down to 100 items, and remove most of the 2*/health pack out of it. That would make me excited to be able to open a vault every 100 days, rather than once a year.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are exactly 3 4* covers i do not need.. guess which 3 are in my vault this week. I will be hoarding for a while.. but i did pull 30 tokens last week in hops of one of 2 XFW blacks sitting in there. 21 2*'s, 3x250HP, 4xHealth Packs, 2x1500 iso. not even a single 3*.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the 50s on both vaults and I'm starting to wonder how much longer I can hold out.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I find it pretty absurd on D3s part that you didn't yield a single 4*.

Yes it's out of 300 and 56 out of 300 is low, that is all the more reason why 300 is a dumb number of items when you hoard for that long and get nothing.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I was playing before work earlier this week and accidentally pulled a Taco.....my first since the Vault was implemented. It was really early, I had barely slept more than a few hours so I thought I was on the Heroic page. And I pulled a Carnage Red. Literally the only 3* or 4* cover in there I needed (there were a couple QS & Bullseyes that wouldnt have hurt....). I promptly stopped and am waiting til I have 600 tacos......

Im sorry I stole your RNGesus favor. =(
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    mjh wrote:
    I find it pretty absurd on D3s part that you didn't yield a single 4*.

Yes it's out of 300 and 56 out of 300 is low, that is all the more reason why 300 is a dumb number of items when you hoard for that long and get nothing.

Add me to the camp of disgruntled Vault users. The current 300 Vault is more annoying than useful, especially bcs they have 2 types of tacos. I definitely understand that it is an incremental improvement (on the margin, a teeny tiny, microscopic bit) over the old system, but it can be so much better (like the Independence Day Vault or even the event vault). In its current form, I'd have preferred the old tacos with some tweaked odds, a tiny chance for a 4*, and health packs over the current Vault with it's terrible animation. The promise of the Vault and the actual DDQ Vault are miles apart.
  • udonomefoo
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Im sorry I stole your RNGesus favor. =(

I think I hit you in pvp yesterday, so we'll just call it even.

and to MrGaunt25, I agree with all of your post, but the part I would personally emphasize most after pulling 56 tokens is the "terrible animation" part. Holy ****, I could not click 3 times fast enough each time to get past that dumb animation. I think I shook my head every single time like "how was this a good idea?".
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vault is just as awkward for people not actively looking for 4 stars.

If i hoard, i miss the opportunity to even collect more tacos (like 10 3 stars rostered)
    If I don't I'll get health packs and 250 iso until I don't get any more.

300 is a bit much when the max you can get per 'week' is 10, especially when less then 1/3 the prizes give any sort of 'progress'
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I am way too OCD to save up tokens. That counter at the corner of the screen would drive me INSANE. So this morning I, as usual, used my 2 ddq tokens. Scored my first 4* from taco vault! redflag.pngicon_thing.png

I did a happy dance.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled more HP on Steam today. If I can't have a 4* on Steam, I'll take the HP instead, yeah.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm just left wondering what happened to the first mouse...
  • udonomefoo
    Deadpooool wrote:
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm just left wondering what happened to the first mouse...

SNAP!