MPQ Interview At Marvel.com: Mr. Fantastic!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ aficionados!

The time has finally arrived - Mr. Fantastic is making his Marvel Puzzle Quest debut!

Stretch yourselves over to Marvel.com now for the reveal of Reed Richards and an exciting talk with MPQ Producer, Joe Fletcher. Details for the famed leader of the Fantastic Four are discussed and preview screenshots & power peeks are available for scientific study.

You can READ IT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: MR. FANTASTIC
Quote:
"Marvel.com: It’s awesome to have a playable Mr. Fantastic! Why was now the right time to bring Reed Richards into the 'Puzzle Quest' fold?

Joe Fletcher: After bringing The Thing out just recently, we decided that it would be better to round out the family sooner than later. After all, the 'Fantastic Three' doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. So pretty much as soon as Ben Grimm was out the door we started work on Reed’s design.

His design came together pretty quickly, with the advantage that we already have the other three in the game, so we were better able to gauge how his abilities would affect the others. Plus, this pretty much rounds out most of the 'smartest men in Marvel' group. Can’t leave Reed out of that!
"

Comments

• Nice addition. He should fit well, especially with the 2 other 4* teammates.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Johnny "Dangerfield" Storm.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why does he look like he is giving us the bird in that pic... lol.

Also, will he be the essential in The Gauntlet? i am aware that usually the rewards from the previous events are the essentials for the next... but by making a new 4* release the essential for The Gauntlet, means only T100 people will even have a chance at completing it.. so basically, unless you give up on real life and commit yourself to the game, you lose out on the 1 event that lets casual people actually enjoy a week of playing at their own pace for a nice reward..

hate to say it, but that is kind of a tinykitty move on your part D3.
  • Since I haven't played in a PVE since the Thing got released, I've probably slipped into the newbie brackets by now. I may take advantage of that for Mr. Fantastic. Then I can take another long break until Lockjaw or Silver Surfer get released.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben, when Mr Fantastic arrives, I guess you'll be changing your signature. Do you know who's currently #6 waiting in the wings? Do we get a D3-style teaser where we can hazard our own guesses?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously when can we expect the character releases to have their own story? Marvel Puzzle Quest is widely marketed as a Puzzle game with RPG elements and as a lifelong RPG fan a big part of the whole gaming experience is the story and how it engages with players. 4* characters are billed as a legendary rarity and as such really should have a story that ties in with the character itself. How many 4*'s have been released without their own little back story?

Just throwing new baubles and trophies at a game is usually the preserve of first person shooters, where the story is just a sideshow, RPG's by their very nature should he setting the scene and trying their best to make a player feel connected to the characters.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    Ben, when Mr Fantastic arrives, I guess you'll be changing your signature. Do you know who's currently #6 waiting in the wings? Do we get a D3-style teaser where we can hazard our own guesses?

pants9.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    pants9.jpg
    pants3.jpg
    Heh, we may have the same source for images I see...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

pants9.jpg

Ah, someone to dance with Devil Dinosaur.
  • Quebbster wrote:

Great minds, and all...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Great minds, and all...
    I'm not sure I can call myself a great mind since I apparently forgot the image tags... fixed it now though.