Independent Rewards to Work towards.

GurlBYE
GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
After playing another F2P as well I noticed something this one lacked. (besides more puzzle like boards instead of always fighting characters, ultron barely counts you're still fighting him)

Achievement type progression that works through me engaging with game. Like being rewarded at a higher rate. There are multiple times when progression dries up and you feel like engaging with the game as little as possible. The other game I play incentivizes my daily play. Even so far as having a deal with the games 'hero points' in a fashion that you pay a small amount for a substantial amount and earn each bit of the grand total slowly over 30 days.(about 3 dollars for what would amount to around 20 bucks)

What if there was a reward system like so in play.

You choose a character you have at least one of already. You pick the color (crazy I know but work with me) Once every 2 weeks ( month is a push but can work) you participate by-

star.png - play at least 20 matches a day for 2 days straight- that singular cover yours
star.pngstar.png - play 25 matches a day for 4 days straight- That cover is yours
star.pngstar.pngstar.png - Play 30 matches a day for 5 days straight- That cover is yours
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png - Play at least 40 matches a day for 7 days (if 14 days bring down to 20 matches) straight. That cover is yours.

Only one of the 4 levels selectable per 14 or 28 day period.

While the numbers aren't perfect, it basically provides an incentive aside from the currently not at all stellar 'daily' reward system, that quickly turns into weekly reward system (or bi-weekly or monthly)
at 3 star level you have to collect 390 covers, and thats not speaking of the iso to level them all ( so theres still a limited resource at hand) 1 more every 5 days into the flow stream lines the process. Especially so for the other tiers.

The benefits a system like this would provide outweigh negatives by a ton. It also unlike a lot of suggestion approaches every level of the game as well as future star levels with more play or more levels required. The numbers even reflect a healthy amount of health pack usage and time with the game when things go sour board wise.

Instead of making the post super long I'd like objections.
The first objection I'll takcle is -well people are just going to do the level 1 node in the prologue for 40 times for 7-14 days with their 1 4 star for 91 days straight to get a character.
Not only would they wouldn't have the iso to level it, AT ALL from that.
1 of 2 adjustments~ PVP only (would fuel more pvp play anyway)
or
2 of 2 adjustments~ Only include nodes within story and Versus.

Comments

• Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Would you replace the current "daily rewards" with this system or is this in addition to?
    While I think the content of the daily rewards needs some (ok, a lot) of rework, I like the little piece of candy i get for participating each day
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    well, prologue would see a lot more action...
    edit: obviously I didn't read to the end. for those doing pvp only LRs days would be easier but non-LR days you'd nearly have to open pve and grind the trivial/loaner nodes, which we are choosing not to do for a reason. it would also conflict with the late bracket snipers in pve. but would make things interesting.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Playing 40 matches a day pvp alone would mean you'd get 2000 points/day if all of matches would net you 50 points/average. 2000 points is what elite players get over 2.5 days.

If you include pve it averages 9 nodes per clear so it would get you 27 matches per day, plus 5 ddq, so you would need 8 pvp matches per day, which makes it more doable. But that would mean you must play every single pve, and lots of players like to take a break when they give old characters.

Last, daily rewards are exactly doing this already, giving you 1 4* cover ech 28 days, though that structure is quite outdated and should be changed.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    elvy75 wrote:
    Playing 40 matches a day pvp alone would mean you'd get 2000 points/day if all of matches would net you 50 points/average. 2000 points is what elite players get over 2.5 days.

If you include pve it averages 9 nodes per clear so it would get you 27 matches per day, plus 5 ddq, so you would need 8 pvp matches per day, which makes it more doable. But that would mean you must play every single pve, and lots of players like to take a break when they give old characters.

Last, daily rewards are exactly doing this already, giving you 1 4* cover each 28 days, though that structure is quite outdated and should be changed.

That why i addressed other levels. I can't even see a problem with more rewards considering some alliances already have members that reach 2000K + in every pvp. Assuming a person is retaliated like mad, because they don't have an optimal team, it's not a problem. It's not supposed to be a stretch goal but more reward you for playing the game every day for a period with something you work towards solidly long term.
    And the idea is, there is no reason to take a break, because you get to play towards something you actually want as opposed to a random 4 star. Even if it's a **** pve, you don't have to play optimally, and you can still do simulator, or pvp.

Also not one you have, just a 4 star that was around while that daily list was created.
    Boommike wrote:
    Would you replace the current "daily rewards" with this system or is this in addition to?
    While I think the content of the daily rewards needs some (ok, a lot) of rework, I like the little piece of candy i get for participating each day
    Both simultaneously.
    Also the daily piece of candy is usually stale and mistimed, and it's too hard to change now. And it's always going to work based on how 3 stars and 4 stars were seen last year.
    TxMoose wrote:
    well, prologue would see a lot more action...
    edit: obviously I didn't read to the end. for those doing pvp only LRs days would be easier but non-LR days you'd nearly have to open pve and grind the trivial/loaner nodes, which we are choosing not to do for a reason. it would also conflict with the late bracket snipers in pve. but would make things interesting.
    Choosing not to do because it doesn't give you an award that benefits you. But if it gave you an award that DID benefit you, you would play them...

In simplest terms I'm saying,play x times for x days, choose the cover of color choice you want of a character you have.
    It works on every level of the game.

Don't use the numbers as exact just kinda marinating the idea a bit.

Imagine a guarantee of the one hulkbuster black you couldn't get your hands on, instead of the dozen red that were handed out.
    Imagine a 3 star playing working towards the iron fist black that seems to be evading everyone besides the one spin around it has per year.

Basically I'm proposing 12-24 extra covers a year on characters we have already, based on playing more.