Well... That's done then...

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I hit a milestone in the game today. I got a thirteenth Vision cover (and then a fourteenth just an hour or two later), so now I have all three-star characters in the game leveled to 166. Guess I'll need to focus on the four-stars now, but it's a little sad gold covers won't be needed anymore (well, unless that flash shows up... Maybe).

Comments

• Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I have only needed Bullseye for some time, but the game has grown pretty stale due to bad luck and + bad odds. I haven't pulled something I needed from a token in 3 months or so. Without attractive tokens the game loses it's luster quite a bit.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last few events put up some of the final covers several of the Wrecking Crew needed. I still need one Vision and one SW (for re-spec), but pretty much done.

Gratz on all at 166! I put Vision to 140 this week and all mine are there or higher, I may boost two more to max but pretty much done.

It makes you realize how worthless Heroic/event tokens have become when you pull un-needed 3* after un-needed 3* out of them.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I'm getting close to this state too. I have 11 3* @ 166, another 21 max covered & between lvl 120-146, and the rest are all pretty much max covered except Vision, SW, and 3BE.
    And, of course my only 4* that's fully covered is XFW, who is still fairly useful on certain occasions despite him being beaten silly by the nerf bat.

I'm at a point where I play the game cause I like it but I won't be able to progress much more, because 4* are still so incredibly rare (or expensive) that I have no realistic hope of covering any 2 of the top tier 4* in the next century. My concern is that unless the 4* situation changes in the next 30-60 days, I doubt I'll be very excited to play this game much more in the near future.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be done having all the 3* spec'd to my preferred builds after I got the BP black during the PVP rewards. But then I played with QS and realized I wanted 535 and not 553. So I need 2 greens.

Not sure how your HP reserves are, but building dupes did help inject a lot of fun for me that was missing. Decided to build dupes 3 months ago, and now I have 1 2* dupe, 22 3* dupes, and 7 4* dupes. 4 of the 3* dupes are at 13 covers, 2 built to my preferred build. 4 of the 3* dupes are at 12 covers, 1 (IM40) built to preferred build.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not up to 166 for everyone yet, but I think there are only 6 3* covers left that I actually need (including 3 that are only for respec'ng switch and bullseye), so I am somewhat close to that stage as well.

It was a little sad the day I realized that any given gold cover was likely to be useless for me.

I have indeed switched my principal efforts to the 4*s, but that's a bit hard to do when there is only 1 new cover available for any given 4* each 2.5 days.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I realised the other day I'm fast approaching the point where I've got no more 3* covers I need.

I'm desperate for Iron Fist covers (Really, D3? Black iron fist as a progression? I maxed that out ages ago, it's his other two that are rare!)
    I'm a little low on Bullseye. Then it's a matter of a green Khan here, a red She Hulk there and a few little bits and pieces and they're all fully covered.

Then I'll spend time levelling them up when they're featured. Khan was my latest 166 and my 21st. Got a way to go.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am under 10 in covers i need to finish all 3*s, it's the iso that is avoiding me.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    I am under 10 in covers i need to finish all 3*s, it's the iso that is avoiding me.

Same. I have 520/520 covers but i still need a few million iso to max all my toons
  • I need a blue Ragnarok and a black Bullseye and I'll have every 3* properly specced and level 166. That's functionally endgame for me. Not that I'll totally stop (though I've scaled way back as it is).
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I'm there. I have all 40 3*s, covered, specced the way I like minus one green Rags cover, and all of them are lvl 166. I built the new 1* Spider Man to remember what it's like to cover, level and use a new character in less than 9 months. So having reached the goal most of y'all say you're shooting for here, I have some grim news...

I'm super bored now. All I have left is the 4* game, and my 4* roster is awful. I have some good ones at 270: Fury, Xforce, Thora and Hulkbuster, and Prof X at 200 (where I want him). I could bring Starlord, Elektra or IW up to 270, but I mean...why? The rest of my 4*s are completely useless with anywhere between 3-6 covers. We all know the problems with covering a specific build for any one 4* character, so it could be Christmas before I get a new, usable character to play with. I think they want us to buy these covers so we have new toys, but, for me at least, it's not working. I will and have bought 1-2 covers to finish off a character that I like, but 7-10 at ~$20 a pop? No, I don't have that kind of disposable income...instead of making me want to drop $$ on the game to keep playing, this 4* "transition" is making me want to play less and less...