August Community Video Delayed

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings all,

For those awaiting the August MPQ Community Video, we wanted to let you know that there has been a slight delay. Our apologies, but it's looking like we'll need to push the next video just out of August and into the first week of September.

Thanks for your patience while we kick the fires and light the tires!
(Scratch that last part, reverse it.)

Comments

• JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for letting us know.

Will there be another questions thread for this one like July, or is it just gonna be a standalone video (only been on the forums since July so I'm not in the know with how these videos usually work sorry!).
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Since the answer to every question in the last video was "Yeah, that's a thing but we're working on other stuff." I think the only question to ask this time around is "So, what are you working on?"
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the answer to every question in the last video was "Yeah, that's a thing but we're working on other stuff." I think the only question to ask this time around is "So, what are you working on?"

I think the answer to that is "Something that's not ready yet."
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I would like to know if we could get a 9pm EST start time for story events. The current choices of 5pm and 11pm just don't work. A lot of people have stated that something in the middle of those two would be way better.

Keep up the good work.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

I smell spoiler for the next character release!
    So, reversed, it's " kick the ice and light the hood," right?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZommyGD wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Well it's from Independence Day, so reversing that it's something like Slavery Night.

Or, it was said by the character Jimmy Wilder. No help there.

The actor was Harry Connick Junior. No help there either.

Independence Day was promoted as ID4, for some strange reason. Reversed it's 4DI. For Di? Princess Diana? Diana Prince?

The sound you hear is the scraping of a barrel's bottom.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Nothing has ever sounded more like a Ghost Rider spoiler than that.. if it is true.. you will have made many many people very happy.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453

Next 4 star.png character, OF COURSE. Silly for asking. icon_twisted.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    ZommyGD wrote:
    I am not happy about that. Neither is Parker Robbins.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Nothing has ever sounded more like a Ghost Rider spoiler than that.. if it is true.. you will have made many many people very happy.

No, no, no, you can't just go straight to a character like that, the devs are much too subtle and sophisticated for that to work.

The full quote was "Let's kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!". Now, Big Daddy was a character in Kick ****, played by Nick Cage. We've already got Cage, so it can't be him.

Ah, but Nick Cage also played Ghost Rider. So it could be him.

See, that's the proper way to do it.
  • Malcrof
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

No, no, no, you can't just go straight to a character like that, the devs are much too subtle and sophisticated for that to work.

The full quote was "Let's kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!". Now, Big Daddy was a character in Kick ****, played by Nick Cage. We've already got Cage, so it can't be him.

Don't forget The whole "scratching at the door" part of the movie.. soo.. scratch that last part.. hmm..

also http://marvel.com/universe/Scratch,_Nicholas

another Nicholas reference...
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Malcrof wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Ghost Rider is a tricky one. It's a bit like Dr Who, different incarnations and pretty much everybody prefer one over the others. Also, it could be a 4*...
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Lee T wrote:
    Also, it could be a 4*...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Lee T wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Ghost Rider is a tricky one. It's a bit like Dr Who, different incarnations and pretty much everybody prefer one over the others. Also, it could be a 4*...

There has only ever been 1 Doctor, the fact that he regenerates and looks different means nothing. He always retains all his memories and has never been a different Doctor.. think of his regens as costume changes..

now if we can just get him to change out of the Capaldi costume, that would be grand.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Greetings all,

For those awaiting the August MPQ Community Video, we wanted to let you know that there has been a slight delay. Our apologies, but it's looking like we'll need to push the next video just out of August and into the first week of September.

If you could just type the answers into the forum so that those of us who can't watch videos at work can get the info, that would be great.

I usually just wait for someone to post the notes anyway... so maybe just post the notes?
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Malcrof wrote:
    There has only ever been 1 Doctor, the fact that he regenerates and looks different means nothing. He always retains all his memories and has never been a different Doctor.. think of his regens as costume changes..

now if we can just get him to change out of the Capaldi costume, that would be grand.

I don't mind which suit the Doctor wears, but I'm very partial as far as the Rider's suit is concerned icon_e_smile.gif .
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, we are halfway through the first week of September and nothing more about this. Has this video been pushed again or will we get the much desired info about easier access to 4*s and ISO soon?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, we are halfway through the first week of September and nothing more about this. Has this video been pushed again or will we get the much desired info about easier access to 4*s and ISO soon?

"halfway through the first week of September" sounds a lot further into September than September 2nd. I don't think it's a cause for concern just yet.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Nah, you're both wrong.

This notice happened on the Internet. . . See? I for internet. It must be Iceman!

If you don't believe me, go watch Batman '66. The world's greatest detective agrees with me.
  • So, we are halfway through the first week of September and nothing more about this. Has this video been pushed again or will we get the much desired info about easier access to 4*s and ISO soon?
    i can't believe they'd just mention 'better access to 4*' then delay any news about it indefinitely.... icon_rolleyes.gif