R82 Android Update - Fix Upcoming

Just downloaded the new MPQ update for my Droid Turbo. After it finished, I tried to load the game and was greeted with a black screen and the following error message: "File Validation Failed". I tried rebooting the phone, as well as uninstalling then re-installing it - none of those worked. I just sent a Support Email. Has anyone else had any problem with the new update?

Comments

• Something seems to be wrong with the update file on Android. I installed it and the game won't start.
  • The game had just updated from Play Store and I went on to open it. Then it tried to download a file, and completed. But it said that the downloaded file verification failed.

Now it won't open anymore. I've cleared both the app cache and data to no avail.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hello everyone,

We are aware of issues with the new R82 update for Android. A fix is incoming shortly. Please stay tuned.

Thank you!
  • Gargamel86
    Gargamel86 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Thank you for the information
  • Gargamel86
    Gargamel86 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Thank you for the information
  • yes i cant open after update and sheild runs out icon_e_sad.gif so all my climb will be for nothing
  • zepuk wrote:
    yes i cant open after update and shield runs out icon_e_sad.gif so all my climb will be for nothing

Oh ****, Zepuk! Well, the only "positive" thing I add here is at least it's not just you or me. I hope D3 looks into this and has a patch or something. I had finally gotten enough of my 2* characters maxed out that I could do some damage in the PvP. But, now.. Phtt! All that I achieved this morning is going to go away like so much dust! icon_e_sad.gificon_mad.gif
  • Haven't been able to play all day. Wonder if IOS players are having same issues.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure why David didn't post here, but he announced in the General Discussion thread that a fix is live. You may have to force close the Play Store or restart your device entirely to see the update.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Haven't been able to play all day. Wonder if IOS players are having same issues.

I got the message that said:

"A new update is available: [Skip], [Install]"

My plan is to keep hitting the skip button until I've determined if there's a systemic issue with this patch.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I installed the update, tried to open and got a crash. Swiped away the play store to make it refresh on open and their was another update waiting for me. This was about 2 hours ago. I am sure if you install it you will be fine.
  • CrookedKnight
    I can confirm that if you install the patch now you get the working version.
  • I can't seem to get the patch. I've tried restarting Google Play and my phone, and I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I managed to get the tutorial, but the next time I tried to load the app, it just froze.
  • kyoki wrote:
    I can't seem to get the patch. I've tried restarting Google Play and my phone, and I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I managed to get the tutorial, but the next time I tried to load the app, it just froze.

Kyoki - I did the same thing, uninstalled then re-installed. However, I can't get all my characters back. Don't have Facebook (nor do I want an account there). I sent a ticket to Support. Do you know of any way to get my characters back? Very frustrated right now! icon_evil.gif
  • Same problem, how long until this is fixed!?
  • CrookedKnight
    Same problem as which? You can't see the new patch on Google Play, or you lost your characters?

If it's the first, restart your phone, clear the cache for the Play Store app, and check again. If the second, send a ticket to support including your account name, and probably a board PM to IceIX as well.
  • so...is this fixed? why isn't anything on main page warning folks not to update?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    so...is this fixed? why isn't anything on main page warning folks not to update?

Been fixed for almost 24 hours.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    so...is this fixed? why isn't anything on main page warning folks not to update?

Been fixed for almost 24 hours.
    good to know didnt see nothing saying so