More all goon nodes in PVE please and thank you

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
Not sure if this is new for the unstable iso event or not, but there seem to be a lot more all-goon nodes than I'm used to seeing and I'm really digging it.

Playing against all goons is a very different game than playing against AI, I get plenty of that in pvp.

1. I like being able to plan several moves ahead. It creates some fun strategy.
2. I also like the speed element. Most would agree that pve is a giant time suck, and the all-goon nodes play considerably faster.
3. No dark avengers! I'm soooo sick of boosted 2* Bullseye.

The format for the subs seems to be 3 essentials, 3 trivials, 3 hard nodes. Make only one of each set feature villains and the other 2 all-goon. For every pve. I know that occasionally you'll get threaten, pistol, pistol, tommy gun, caltrops, sad face. It's worth it.

Comments

• Agree, it's nice to be different from the PVP matches.

Also limit the number of times the same super villain can appear in each sub. Sometimes it feels like we get 2* Bullseye or Juggs showing up 4 times in a sub. Doesn't contibute to story immersion if you're having to fill in blanks in the narrative. "It looked like we downed the villain but he secretly got away when we weren't looking to fight us again on the next node. If I ever see another LMD it will be too soon."
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The bliss of that final sub of Iso-8 is over.. it's heroic time. brace yourself for headbutts.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    The bliss of that final sub of Iso-8 is over.. it's heroic time. brace yourself for headbutts.

i take a headbutt anyday over a buttbutts icon_e_smile.gif

really though i would say nah on the goon only nods it only = major grind fest

the last PVE that went down (im sure it had something to do with 4 stars as well)

Day 1 11.5
    day 2 25 (2 day event)
    day 3 where if it was not pure goons i would say 20k would held your spot, but since it was pure goons took 26,000 pts to hold spot... dont really feel like doing all of that grinding every freaking day

i could stop at around 100-150 pts non goons when its pure goons you need to take it down to under 30 pts