Vault Results from A/B Testing?

Scoregasms
Scoregasms Posts: 373
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just curious what the direction is going to be for future events regarding the use of Vaults for PVE/PVP events? I was part of the group that had the Vault for Juggernaut PVE but not Deadpool PVP which kinda sucked, but I didn't end up buying tokens in either. I would be curious to know if this is something you are planning to implement going forward at soon to be released date or not? Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated, if there was a thread already about this from the Devs, please link as I may have missed it, thanks!!

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked the PvP vaults, personally. If nothing else there's a good psychological aspect to seeing four 4* covers out of a pool of 80 possible prizes.
    Odds of 1 in 20 of getting a 4* I like those odds.

So much so I...actually bought a 10-pack. And I got a cover. And I have *never* bought a ten-pack before, I just use the free one from the seasons.

Even the single pack was cheap enough to just "Ah why not?" some HP on it.
  • I pulled 3 gold tokens from the last 100-item vault out of maybe 4 or 5 tokens in total (I paid 300HP for 3 tokens over 3 days). Out of my last 10 heroic+ tokens, I have pulled zero gold+. I know the math and statistics behind both, but if I wasn't in "the know," I'd be a big fan of the vault outright just based on experience.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I was in the vault part of the experiilent. I didn't spend anything as I'm really not a gambler. My regular tokens proved me rignt as I only pulled 2* icon_e_smile.gif .

As far as I'm concerned those are worst than DDQ vault, less tokens in less time barely compensated if at all by a smaller selection. I also prefer regular token as they are open while the vault presents a limited selection that might not fit your needs.

The best of both world would be one season length vault, giving you more chance to whittle away the chaff. But I'm pretty sure such a vault would came with a ridiculous quantity of covers inside, completely upsetting the token quantity.
  • Lee T wrote:
    I was in the vault part of the experiilent.
    both were vaults
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Bump.
    IceIX - any brief comment on token purchases from Vault vs. No-Vault that you can share?
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    raisinbman wrote:
    Lee T wrote:
    both were vaults

To be more clear, I was in the vault part for Juggernaut and in the Token part of Pool Party.

I guess I'm a null vote since I didn't spend HP on both.
  • I had the pool party vault. Got all three progression tokens, bough 3 daily deals and a 10pack, then after I got the 3rd prize for the forum contest for another 4 tokens. No XDP for me.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the vaults personally. Story mode tokens hate me, i am at 1/139 right now with them on my spreadsheet. Story Mode vaults would give us better chances, but i think they should be 30 day vaults, and include the essentials for the 30 days of Story Modes coming, including the 4*'s. New Character releases should have a separate page to buy token packs for (no singles, just 10's and 42's) as the only exception.

Also, the ID4 Vault was the best of best as far as vaults go.. I would love to see either Season Vaults, or grouping of PVP's (5 events per vault) so 2 vaults during the season, in case of new char releases.

Just make sure HP and Iso prizes are in there, for some reason, i get so excited when i pull those from tacos
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well in my case I have mixed feelings with the vault, because I got what I wanted, but I did need to empty the vault :S :S :S

So it was my first good vault so I decided to gamble, It had one yellow ProfX which I needed, one purple Xpool which I needed one black Carnage which I didnt have and ONE PURPLE PROFX which I needed the most (It has been my first purple ProfX). My main goal was the purple ProfX, the Carnage was optional, the other 2 were a bonus. I got the Carnage soon, like in the 10-20, but in the end I had terrible bad luck and I got the ProfX in the 70-80 part of the vault. So I had to spend allmost 20.000 to get it. So very bad luck.

On the other hand for the featured Xpool I had normal tokens. I bought one 10-pack for 3100 and I got two Xpool covers (I just bought this one). And I got another more cover with a token. So 3100 got me 3 covers.

So my thoughts are, one a 4 is featured 3.6% tokens are far better than vaults. On the other hand when you are really going for a cover that you miss, the vault is better, eventhough you may need to spend a little :S
  • Scoregasms
    I think overall, Vault is a good idea, takes the guesswork out of buying token packs if you into that sort of thing, for some characters, I very well may do it instead of a week long Story Event bloodbath (depends on how much you value sleep, lol). I rarely have good token luck, so those lucky schlubs that seem to pull new characters from event tokens like every other event will probably not like it, but I gotta think that's a very small minority of these luck riddled players.

Best value is definitely for a new 4* PVP one time event, those that got Pool Party Vault had a decent outlet to get covers if they were willing to spend HP. I also think why not on Independence style vaults for a week long of 3 Versus events, make sense to me, you get plenty of tokens through 3 events and then maybe buy some near the end if good covers are still in there. Just not sure on Story Mode Vaults, not enough tokens to get on your own, maybe keep that them the same perhaps, I dunno.

Still would be good to hear from the Devs on their thoughts, what their data shows from this A/B Testing and what the plan is, it could possibly change the way I play going forward based on what they say.

EDIT: At some point, you have to do something anyway, way too many 4* being released that is diluting the pool of cards one really wants, I think the past %drop chance is already OBE by the new releases and is in fact worse than before? Anyway, maybe make the reset vault a little cheaper so we can use it more frequently and get cards we'd like chances at too.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Bump again for the devs.
    Give us some insight - either here or on the community video....(or tell us you'll discuss during the video).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    really hating the DDQ vault right now.. 2 10 packs in hopes of that final BP black or one of the 4* covers (2 of which are XFW blacks, which i need), 0 3*'s, 0 HP, 0 Iso, 15 health packs.. all 2*'s.

that is the very final time i spend anything... except MAYBE when anniversary comes around, since HP sales do not exist any longer.
  • Lee T wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Lee T wrote:
    both were vaults

To be more clear, I was in the vault part for Juggernaut and in the Token part of Pool Party.

I guess I'm a null vote since I didn't spend HP on both.
    the vote was "does this make you spend money", so while you may not have, its still data to mull over
  • 80 item and under vaults increase my chances of buying a 40 pack 1000000000x compared to the 300 item ones
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    the vote was "does this make you spend money", so while you may not have, its still data to mull over
    I... may have opened 27 tokens in my 8-token vault, trying for 4* Deadpool covers. I pulled 0. So I hope everyone likes vaults, because I've committed us now!
  • Scoregasms
    Ah well, guess no red response for this one, hopefully it makes it's way into the August Q&A!!
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    Ah well, guess no red response for this one, hopefully it makes it's way into the August Q&A!!
    they can't respond, that'd ruin the experiment *kappa*