Dial Back the Buffed Characters Just a Bit?

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
So, the buffed character rotation is a fun thing. It lets you try out characters you wouldn't normally use.

The problem is, the buffs are large enough right now that it completely dominates any sort of choice on what character to use. Who should I use this PVP? Well, who's buffed!?

I think if the buffs were just a bit smaller then it would allow more variety. Hopefully, that would allow you to pick characters that weren't buffed without it being too much of a handicap.

What are other people's opinions?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    i have no opinion, i do as i am told by D3s mind control computer.. use the buffed chars....used the buffed chars.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you reduce the buffs, everyone will be back to running Fistbuster all the time.

No, buffs are OK where they are.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Unless your name starts with Rag...
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, the buffs are pretty much at the right spot to "encourage" people to use a wide variety of characters. If this game were actually balanced, then we wouldn't need such a system, but alas this is best measure we'd ever get to encourage roster diversity.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    They need to dial back the boost in story mode. With scaling it hurts more than it helps almost every week.

What are your thoughts on that aspect?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    If you reduce the buffs, everyone will be back to running Fistbuster all the time.

No, buffs are OK where they are.

This exactly. The gap between 166/240 keeps Fist at bay.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Personally I think they should be buffed even more. Neither IF not HB are buffed for the kk event and in fact IF shares colors with kk and yet I'm coming across lots of fistbuster teams. I'd also like to see more care given when selecting who will be buffed. Why is kk buffed in the week she's featured?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I'm for the weekly buffing of 2/3*s because I think it serves the purpose of getting people to use different teams but also lessening the power gap between players some so its not too out of control.

That said I'm really on the fence on the included buffing of 4* weekly especially with down the line 4* releases since they turn into these huge meat walls with really high damage.