What a 4* cover can buy you (in your currency or country)

2»

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lee T wrote:
    A Stark Salary costs $100 in U.S. dollars. A 4* cover is one-eighth of that, which works out to $12.50. That's dinner at an okay restaurant (or lunch for a week from McDonald's); a bargain-bin video game or a big-name AAA game during a Steam sale (for instance the entirety of Skyrim, including expansions)

It's interesting to compare apples to apples (and slightly less depressing than comparing to necessities like food), buying all covers (10) for one single 4* character costs about as much as buying two new full fledge AAA video game.

As far as I'm concerned, No matter how much I'll ever make, I won't spend a full game's money to cover one and only one characfer, no way no how. I understand those who do (it saves a lot of time and fully covered character are a lot more fun than barely covered), but that's just not me.

Wait a while after release and for a Stark Salary you can buy a fair few full games. I paid £5 for Alan Wake, £10 for Final Fantasy XIII and £15 for Skyrim GOTY edition all on Xbox 360. All brand new and sealed. Don't even get me started on EA's sport franchise prices 8 months after release.

Oddly a 4* character like say X Force Wolverine costs more to cover now than it did a year ago.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    In Australia - most things are expensive here anyway, I'm sure 2500HP has higher values in the US or Asian countries than Australia.

2 months Net*lix subscription
    2 large meals at Maccas
    4 cups of large coffee
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully this thread is a non covert lower the price of 4 star covers a bit or it will take a stark salary to buy a single 5 star cover.

20 bucks is a lot of things in nyc.
    A meal
    A drink
    A Game (or multiple if indies)
    2/3 a cab ride to the airport
    11 bucks short of unlimited subway and bus-rides for a week
    Entry into some clubs
    phone case
    And too much more to list and nyc is pretty expensive.

I'd argue the hero points should have long been reworked so that a stark salary cover half a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png , a whole star.pngstar.pngstar.png's , 3 star.pngstar.png's stars, and 5 star.png's, which is still pricey.

bumping the amounts around as the game progresses.
    Value proposition is a bit out of wack.
  • Australia

Logan's Loonie = AUD24.99

Two lunches or around 3 McDonalds Happy Meal
  • If we go by the 2500 HP = 12.50 USD, that gets me two movie tickets on a Wed or Thur at the local movie theater with 2.50 to spare.
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Singapore

One eighth of a stark is approx sgd$16.50.

3 mcD value meals + 1 Apple pie

10-25 trips on public transport - bus n train (depends on distance)

4 simple lunches (e.g. Chicken rice) with a soda drink

10-12 plain loaves of bread

40 apples

6-8 litres of fresh milk

3 fresh chickens (medium)
    10kg good quality Thai jasmine rice
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    fun thread. in colorado, for a stark salary...

23 comics,
    maybe 55 donuts on the top of pikes peak,
    about 1.5 liters of scotch,
    or
    .25 oz of commercial hay
  • wiz_biz wrote:
    fun thread. in colorado, for a stark salary...

23 comics,
    maybe 55 donuts on the top of pikes peak,
    about 1.5 liters of scotch,
    or
    .25 oz of commercial hay

never heard it called that.

when i went to pikes peak last year, i did NOT get a donut. can't recall why, besides the insanity that was when a tram pulled up...
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Splarne wrote:
    never heard it called that.

when i went to pikes peak last year, i did NOT get a donut. can't recall why, besides the insanity that was when a tram pulled up...

i guess i'm dating myself, but hay by crucial conflict used to be my jam before i came down hard on the bone side of that beef. but that is a whole other off-topic discussion icon_e_smile.gif

yeah it can be nutty up there in peak season, and those donuts are a hot commodity...i guess they're pretty good, but it's more the novelty of a high altitude pastry. next time!
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    So is it what can you buy for $20 basically?

Two triple-meat-triple-cheese burgers from Wataburger.
    15 Hearthstone packs
    An autographed picture with Sgt. Slaughter
    A private show at the local strip club.
    Approximately 27 rubber ducks.
    18 items from the Dollar Tree
    2 items from Target
    10 Gallons of gas, give or take.