"Bad Guys" need some help.

Please change some of the bad guys in the story mode battles! I have been a Marvel fan for at least 30 years and know that the marvel universe is full of tough and unique "bad guys." I am very tired of playing against the same villains I have been playing against for the past year. It has become tedious. It is always some combination of the Dark Avengers. They are cool and boast some excellent powers, but we need some fresh blood so to speak. There are even villains already in the game that we don't get to battle against, Carnage, Doctor Octopus, Loki etc. The new character prizes are very nice, but the stories are very stale. Please revise.
Just as an aside, why is every new character a 4 star character? Why is the Ant Man or Sam Wilson Cap. the same rating as the thing or Jean Grey who are much more powerful characters?

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    yorich10 wrote:
    Just as an aside, why is every new character a 4 star character?
    Because 5*s are coming. Sorry.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    yorich10 wrote:
    Just as an aside, why is every new character a 4 star character?
    Because 5*s are coming. Sorry.

You need to make a Jon Snow meme for that line.

5*s are coming.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    yorich10 wrote:
    Please change some of the bad guys in the story mode battles! I have been a Marvel fan for at least 30 years and know that the marvel universe is full of tough and unique "bad guys." I am very tired of playing against the same villains I have been playing against for the past year. It has become tedious. It is always some combination of the Dark Avengers. They are cool and boast some excellent powers, but we need some fresh blood so to speak. There are even villains already in the game that we don't get to battle against, Carnage, Doctor Octopus, Loki etc. The new character prizes are very nice, but the stories are very stale. Please revise.
    Just as an aside, why is every new character a 4 star character? Why is the Ant Man or Sam Wilson Cap. the same rating as the thing or Jean Grey who are much more powerful characters?
    Just wanted to point out that when the Venom and Juggernaut Heroic events were remade they took the opportunity to insert a lot more villains to fight. Carnage/Doc Ock is a very mean combo...
    I still agree the game could use a few less Dark Avengers nodes and a few more of other villains though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • We need to move the emphasis of the game away from Dark Reign. I class myself as quite a big Marvel fan, with a full DVD shelf and a couple of shelves of classics collected in TPB form, but when I started playing this game I had no idea who Moonstone was, and having not read the Dark Reign story was really confused to see Bullseye dressed as Hawkeye.

Can we at least substitute some of the 2* Bullseye nodes for 3* classic Bullseye?

Would it be too much trouble to create non-playable (as per Gorgon) re-skins of a few of the heroes as a temporary stop gap for this problem. For example copy and paste Ant Man's powers onto Yellow Jacket, all you'd need is new artwork. In the vaguely possible event that a move of that sort leads to sudden demand for Yellow Jacket as a fully playable character they could rework the powers before releasing as a playable character but they would already have the artwork ready. Likewise a reskin of Iron Fist as Steel Serpent would create a new villain to fight (they could almost get away with just a re-colour for that one). The list could go on. icon_ironpatriot.png
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes I agree a few more villains and actually I would love to see new minions. I mean these are guys you can make up generically. How about some evil alien minions, demon minions, robot minions (not ultrons though), etc. Make up a few new thugs and hand ninja for example. I think you the devs are so focused on new characters that they need to take a break to focus on the core game and make new pve events with new material as the same events over and over again are getting old. I would love to see more non-playable villains like Gorgon though. That should be somewhat easier for the devs as they don't have to focus on the balance of how it affects pvp and rosters, just how that villain fits in with the pve team they are putting him in.