Best attack in the game?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Passive, support, damage whatever, what's the first one that comes to your mind?

Exquisite Technique I think.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve's red. It renews itself. His blue's damn good too.
  • XPool's red for major damage AND a significant true heal all in the same power.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think there is a clear answer to this any more. the game is fairly well balanced at the moment, and it's more about the best attack for any given situation.

Pre-April 2015, it was clearly Surgical Strike, which offered high damage, ap gain, ap destruction, and predictable board shake, all for 11 ap. An awesome package.

Nowadays I might suggest IMHB's red, simply because it's easy to use, hard to mess up, and can scale high enough to one-shot almost anybody.

Alternately, Iron Fist's purple is an awesome power combining low cost, board shake, ap-acceleration in a powerful color, and high damage per ap all into a single package.

Jean Grey's purple is another top contender. It's relatively cheap, does very significant aoe damage, AND clears out enemy special tiles of all types.

4* deadpool's red is also a very solid power, with lots of single target damage and true healing, but at 5 matches its a bit expensive.

I might be forgetting one or two.
  • Y'all say that you would rather have HB red instead of XPool's red, saying that the cost is too high and takes too long to get 13 ap? At level 226 (which is what I have my 553 HB and my 535 XPool), HB's red for 13 ap is only 500 more damage...and you don't get the true heal from XPool's power. To me, as much as I love HB, I would take XPool.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    HustyReaps wrote:
    Y'all say that you would rather have HB red instead of XPool's red, saying that the cost is too high and takes too long to get 13 ap? At level 226 (which is what I have my 553 HB and my 535 XPool), HB's red for 13 ap is only 500 more damage...and you don't get the true heal from XPool's power. To me, as much as I love HB, I would take XPool.

The HB love is most likely influenced by the fact both his other powers serve to accelerate and enhance his red. While XPool is still fishing for 13 red, HB has dropped 11black ap on overdrive, tossed out 2 mighty strikes and delivered a glorious punch. But as a standalone power, yes, XPool packs more bang for the ap-buck, true.
  • PX purple is very good alone too.

sTLD-eI2_0AnAbteibt0v6lTgiexN9u7J7d94oH0b22aExet0LWuLXa2vbBRIHmWsBaeTA1MmVEhYSKkSOhy49hj-u2KZLnPsGyduYEHVYj-t-21Wm7pLpyJwnDQPhqnji-jR0hamiOdykzCz8ZrY_v-Pljcew=w384-h384-nc
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    In 3* land it is Master Stroke. It is a massive nuke for a 3* and every time it fires it makes me giggle.

The other power that is awesome in 3* land is full blast. With 10 red on the board does sergical strike type damage and is very satisfying.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve Rogers red for me. Hit for over 3k damage and by the time the shield returns 9 times out of 10 it is good to go again. Not that many moves can hit so hard and so often.

To be controversial I would also give a shout to Hoods twin Pistols. Not as good post nerf with the AP collection loss but it has been a match winner on more than one occasion.
  • Everyone is talking about four star powers like hulkbuster red and Xpool Red and I'm sitting here thinking that Loki's green is still the best in the game.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    kentendo64 wrote:
    Everyone is talking about four star powers like hulkbuster red and Xpool Red and I'm sitting here thinking that Loki's green is still the best in the game.

This. Over and over again.

Loki is rough on defense, but as a support member on a good team, this skill will accelerate everything and mitigates the damage from match-4's+. And he fits on a ridiculous number of teams because of it.

BUT: It's not directly an attack. So Steve Rogers redflag.png would be my call. It's sustainability giving it the edge over other similarly high striking attack skills.
  • Loki's green is a fun, unique power...but it is not an "attack"...you have to wait one more turn before it does anything. The OP'S question was "best attack" in the game. Sure, HB red is the best if you chain black to red or if you have 30 red...but that wasn't the question. Which is the best single attack power in the game? I still think it is XPool.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I still enjoy using Surgical Strike at the right moment to do 10,000+ damage. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Question was best attack, rather than best ability. I tried to consider the question as "which attack, by itself without any other considerations in the game, is the best?"

Obw purple might still be the best ability in the game all things considered.

Imhb red doesn't do much more damage than 4*deadpool's red, but it is both faster AND scales higher, which makes it better as an attack.

I can't pit surgical strike on the list any more as it's too situational. At least before you could rely on the ap destruction if nothing else. Now you have to wait for the right board).

And 4*s will probably come out on top for attack power because they are designed to have stronger powers than 3*s.
    That's why iron fist looks like he was designed as a 4* first (a wild speculation also supported by his 4* healing times).

And Steve Rogers red is indeed great. But it's a bit expensive/slow to get going. And it's damage ceiling is a bit low in the current meta of 15k+ health. I thinks it's kinda like 4*deadpool red. Very good, but not quite as good as faster powers. But it does kick **** when it gets rolling.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Steve Rogers's 3* redflag.png, it does solid damage, gives back most of it's AP and lets you rewrite an enemy tile. It's not the most damaging or the most tactical but it's a very good multi-purpose tool. Beats out raw damage for me.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Mega whales, by definition. At least my definition icon_e_wink.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    got hit with a surgical strike today that downed a full health, boosted daredevil. about 13,000 health. i know the attack varies with the amount of tiles it destroys, but that was pretty deadly.
  • Best attack is easy. A sharply worded forum post demanding something be done to give better access to remaining 4* covers.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    iMIFLw5QfFR5s.jpg
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Having a good board.
  • 20three wrote:
    Passive, support, damage whatever, what's the first one that comes to your mind?

Exquisite Technique I think.

How many times you have used Exquisite Technique? I need to learn about that technique.