Vision event

Is anyone experiencing changes with this event? I had no seed teams but the first four matches landed 230 points

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not here. I had seeds same as always.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Not here. I had seeds same as always.
    Likewise.
  • Ok, that settles that
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i took an insane chance jumping at 730 est time for the 8amevent with 2 health packs ended up with 439 pts and took FIRST wooooo only 4 people were in it when i join and ended with 44 people....

3 vision covers and an x force.. got black pant out of the token.. best pvp in a long time..

tuesday dont need any of the covers so going to try it again with 30 mins left
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    On normal PVPs I get seed teams about 90% of the time, but every so often I just don't. I have no idea why - it's probably something to do with the bracket composition when I join.

On Lightning Rounds you only get seed teams if you join pretty much immedietely.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I've concluded that getting seed teams depends on when you join. If you join before there is a certain amount of points in the bracket pool, you get seeds. If you join after a certain sum total has been scored by all the members of the bracket, you don't. What that magic number is I have no idea. I've joined as little as 30 mins after the start and not got seed teams and faced fierce competition, I've joined two hours after start and won 200 points before I stop getting seeds and realized I was up against filthy casuals as the event wore on.

I have noticed that the AI has no damn idea what to do with Vision though. Just keeps trading yellow and blue countdown tiles and burning up AP. icon_lol.gif
  • I actually did not have Seed teams when I first checked into the event. It was likely coincidence, but I saw the same team I had queued when DD event ended, which was DD/KK/3Dak, levels way too high for me to bother, except vision exchanged for DD.

I promptly said "Forget this", quit out, and when I checked it this morning, I had seed teams again.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    My experience has been if you don't start early you don't get seed teams.
  • OJSP wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    when I checked it this morning, I had seed teams again.

This is probably the first time I've heard that the seed teams appear after the normal players appear. icon_e_surprised.gif

You might be on to something..

Let me clarify, I joined the event early, my DD rewards were still "pending" and I got the player teams. Once my DD rewards were sent, I checked the vision event and was back to having seed teams. I suspect it's a bug of some sort.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaskedMan wrote:
    My experience has been if you don't start early you don't get seed teams.
    This has not been my experience. Whether I start PvP early or late I always get one round of seed teams before hitting actual teams.