Dag nabbit, I did it again! Darn 24 hour sub events!

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I had work 3:00-10:00 today so I'd miss the final grind for this sub event since my slice ends at 10pm. So before I went to work I wore as many nodes down as far as I could.

Got home and wanted my reward for placement. No reward, what? I thought it finished toni-...
Yeah, it ends tomorrow. So I have a bunch of nodes with 6-16 hours left to go. So much for optimal refresh rates.

First time I did this it was a simple mistake, but this is the third time I've done it. There's something obviously wrong with me ¬¬

Comments

• Blinkxi
    Blinkxi Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I feel your pain. Here, have an upvote icon_e_smile.gif
    However, i randomly realized the end time after grinding down a couple of the nodes only so i think i still have a chance for top 20. Teaches me for watching a movie and playing...
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    oh poo. tough luck op
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    BadAnon.jpg

"Um, hello, my name is fight4thedream"
    "I, uh, I grinded all the nodes down to 1 not realizing there was 24 hours left in the sub."
    "I do believe, uh, this is my second time.....I don't know what came over me...I told myself I wasn't going to grind hard for CapFalc, that I was just going to shoot for Top 10 but now here I am sitting at number 1 like a dead duck in the water with the sharks circling around me...."
    "I'm angry at myself for spending three hours grinding for nothing. I could've watched the Flash or cleaned my room but nope I sat there grinding away trying to find the perfect combination to help me win the day, only to finish and realize there was still time on the clock"
    *sigh*
    "Well i guess the positive of all this is that I managed to do it without using all my health packs and more importantly I get to enjoy my Sunday haha"
    "Oh and btw that Jean Grey really is a monster on those hard nodes"

No worries, you're not alone OP icon_e_wink.gif
  • You mean 48-hour sub events?
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    edited August 2015
    Been there, done that. icon_lol.gif It was nice (to sit on 1st place) for 5 seconds bf I noticed my mistake icon_e_surprised.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I'm top 10 overall, but way down the bracket in my sub 2. So apparently, plenty of players didnt get the message re: 48 hour sub. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • You mean 48-hour sub events?
    First sub was 24h, he mistakenly though second was also 24h and grinded down, but it was a 48h one.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I did the exact same thing - grinded most of the nodes down to 1 before realizing there is another full 24 hours.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    You mean 48-hour sub events?

Yeah, I do mean that. dunno why I typed 24 hours. Maybe it was late or something.

I did this in Enemy of the State, too. Like, literally the last PvE.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    BadAnon.jpg

"Um, hello, my name is fight4thedream"
    "I, uh, I grinded all the nodes down to 1 not realizing there was 24 hours left in the sub."
    "I do believe, uh, this is my second time.....I don't know what came over me...I told myself I wasn't going to grind hard for CapFalc, that I was just going to shoot for Top 10 but now here I am sitting at number 1 like a dead duck in the water with the sharks circling around me...."
    "I'm angry at myself for spending three hours grinding for nothing. I could've watched the Flash or cleaned my room but nope I sat there grinding away trying to find the perfect combination to help me win the day, only to finish and realize there was still time on the clock"
    *sigh*
    "Well i guess the positive of all this is that I managed to do it without using all my health packs and more importantly I get to enjoy my Sunday haha"
    "Oh and btw that Jean Grey really is a monster on those hard nodes"

No worries, you're not alone OP icon_e_wink.gif

heya fight! you're in my bracket - felt real bad for you when i saw you'd grinded down early and i hope you can make top 10 at least!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    heya fight! you're in my bracket - felt real bad for you when i saw you'd grinded down early and i hope you can make top 10 at least!

Thanks for the kind words lokiagentofhotness!゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v

As with most things in life, i proved to be my own worst enemy. Managed to get within reach of Top 10 but in the end the points weren't there and i finished 12th.

All in all, it was a pretty crazy PvE for me and my alliance but we managed to pull through at the end. Despite my own mistakes, i will say that it was a pretty fun event and hope the devs stick to this shorter, more interesting event style. May we never see another week-long slog fest for a new character ever again! haha
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

Thanks for the kind words lokiagentofhotness!゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v

As with most things in life, i proved to be my own worst enemy. Managed to get within reach of Top 10 but in the end the points weren't there and i finished 12th.

All in all, it was a pretty crazy PvE for me and my alliance but we managed to pull through at the end. Despite my own mistakes, i will say that it was a pretty fun event and hope the devs stick to this shorter, more interesting event style. May we never see another week-long slog fest for a new character ever again! haha

i was in that bracket too and hot on your tail! I haven't yet seen any other brackets that ended up scoring higher than ours...i was hoping i'd see you climb back in t10 after your post, that was a close one! definitely rough, but at least manageable with a 4 day event thankfully.

thanks to OP and everyone who promoted this, i know i would have forgotten about the 48 hr sub and was even able to warn some alliance members who were poised to grind a day early!