Is still possible to get 4s in standard tokens?

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Well the title says it all, anybody can confirm that he has won a 4 in an standard token recently?

I used to win some XWolvie or IW a long time ago in standard tokens, but I know for a fact that I have not won a 4 in an standard token in the last year, and that is like 1000+ tokens (not enterely sure how many but I think I win like 20 tokens or a little bit more every week).

I think I get a 3 every 40-80 tokens, but 0 4s, so I am really unlucky or it is not possible to win them there anymore?

Comments

• Polares wrote:
    Well the title says it all, anybody can confirm that he has won a 4 in an standard token recently?

I used to win some XWolvie or IW a long time ago in standard tokens, but I know for a fact that I have not won a 4 in an standard token in the last year, and that is like 1000+ tokens (not enterely sure how many but I think I win like 20 tokens or a little bit more every week).

I think I get a 3 every 40-80 tokens, but 0 4s, so I am really unlucky or it is not possible to win them there anymore?

I got one yesterday
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    I got a blueflag.png Nick Fury about three weeks ago from a Standard token. I also pulled a blueflag.png Prof. X about two months ago. The probability has got to be incredibly small; I can't even count how many standard tokens I had to open to get those two. But it's still possible, and out of all the pulls I've gotten, these two were the most rewarding because they were so surprising.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I am on day 647 and have opened at least 2000 standard tokens and have never pulled a single 4*. I pull about 1-2 3* per month if I'm lucky so you must have amazing luck to get any 4* at all.
  • Polares
    Ok, so it is still possible, but seems the chances are less than 1 in a 1000, great icon_razz.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Not one in 2500+ token pulls. The 25HP reward was easier to get.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    0 from 3859 draws (0%).
    83x 3* (2.15%)
  • I got 3 ant man's, 2 starlords, 2 thor goddesses, and 2 xforce
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    0 from 3859 draws (0%).
    83x 3* (2.15%)

I have almost the exact same percentages from ~5,500 draws. I probably had another 1-2k tokens before I kept track, but have never pulled a 4*. Never pulled HP, either from standard tokens. I do wish they published the probability.

i also wish the people who pulled 4*'s participated in the draw rate tracking spreadsheet in the tips forum. No one there has reported anything but IW or XForce as of the last time I checked, so the probabilities recorded could be skewed...especially if the standard token odds changed when the others did.
  • Polares
    Wow almost 4000 tokens and 0 draws, 5500 and 0 draws. I think I am around 2000 and 0 draws. I get that random is random but this is not right, if the chance is 0.001% and you open 2000 the system needs to notice and give you one 4

Lets all hope someday they implement an assisted rng system
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    It's possible to pull HP from standards? What's the point it that?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should include some chance for 4stars, besides XF+IW.

I have all 3stars complete, besides Bagion, so standard tokens are only ISO value for me...
  • Yes, it's possible. Have pulled them with great rarity. Maybe once every three months. A year ago I pulled 3 XF's in a week from standards. Lightning strikes, haha.

That said ... why don't they post the odds for standards ... ?

I suspect its because the odds are different depending on if you spent ISO for the token, or if you earned it. I've heard it mentioned that earned Tokens can drop 3 stars and 4 stars, but Iso bought tokens cap at 2 stars. Or possibly 1 stars.

Im not about to pay the iso to test it.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Haetron wrote:
    Yes, it's possible. Have pulled them with great rarity. Maybe once every three months. A year ago I pulled 3 XF's in a week from standards. Lightning strikes, haha.

I suspect its because the odds are different depending on if you spent ISO for the token, or if you earned it. I've heard it mentioned that earned Tokens can drop 3 stars and 4 stars, but Iso bought tokens cap at 2 stars. Or possibly 1 stars.

I buy standards with ISO occasionally. Got a hell of a lot of 3*s from them.
    Once got 3 3*s in around 20 pulls. Two of those only had one 1* between them.

Edit: incidentally, I feel like I get more 3*s from standards than I do heroic. But I probably owe that to how many you get and how many I've bought with 500 ISO.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    JordonLee wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Yes, it's possible. Have pulled them with great rarity. Maybe once every three months. A year ago I pulled 3 XF's in a week from standards. Lightning strikes, haha.

I buy standards with ISO occasionally. Got a hell of a lot of 3*s from them.
    Once got 3 3*s in around 20 pulls. Two of those only had one 1* between them.

Edit: incidentally, I feel like I get more 3*s from standards than I do heroic. But I probably owe that to how many you get and how many I've bought with 500 ISO.

3*'s
    83 / 3859 standard (2.15%)

349 / 1723 (heroic + event tokens) (20.26%)

4*'s
    39 / 1723 (2.26%).

Probability of getting 3* from standard seems about equal to getting 4* from heroics.

Assuming you sell everything you get from tokens, standard expected value is about 130 ISO whereas heroics are 317 ISO.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    Probability of getting 3* from standard seems about equal to getting 4* from heroics.

Previously the 4* rate was 2.3%, which jives with the Standards, but the last change they increased the Heroics to 3.45%
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I track my tokens - for me it's part of the fun. At this time I've opened 3044 standard tokens and gotten the following spread:

* 2502 82.2%
    ** 469 15.4%
    *** 73 2.4%
    **** 0 0.0%

So 0 4*s out of nearly 3050. I assume the chance is somewhere around .1% - sure statastically you'll get one every 1000, but going by 3 "chances" is not unlikely at all.
  • 544 xforce from standard tokens, as well as many hulk busters

but over the last 2 months, 1 star.pngstar.pngstar.png from them and thats it
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I've opened 3044 standard tokens

I was wondering about this. Did you open all 3044 in 1 go or did you open them in random batches? or do you have a particular system? This question also goes to everyone else who mentioned having opened 5500 tokens, 3800 tokens, etc.

<snip>

With my method, it's possible that I may have opened more than 3044 tokens in total.. so you just might need a bigger sample size?

In random batches - rarely more than 10 at a time. Meh. I'm sure it's a small chance, and when it is a small chance you're statistically unlikely on any particular pull to get a 4*. That in turn means that it's still not all that strange to go a long time without pulling one.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 400+, and to the best of my recollection I've never pulled a 4* from a standard token.