Moonstone Gravity Warp TU

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
I think team up use of gravity warp is bugged - when fighting moonstone if you have a special tile that gets swapped per the description so max risk is match damage rather than the full damage it can do.

When someone uses the same power via team up even if I have special tiles on the board (often vs iron fist) you always take damage.

Is this a bug or is the team up of gravity warp supposed to be a lot more powerful than the generic power?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Read the description of the power. Gravity Warp only affects special tiles of all colors at level 5 -- lower levels will only move tiles of certain colors, and will deal damage instead if there are no special tiles of those colors out.

Level 1: Only moves purple and black.
    Level 2: Moves purple, black and red.
    Level 3: Purple, black, red and yellow. (Does not affect blue or green)
    Level 4: Blue, purple, black, red and yellow. (Does not affect green)
    Level 5: All colors.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of these days I might get around to making a not-bugs FAQ that includes this question...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Is there a way to tell what ability level a TU is without having an encyclopedic knowledge of its affects at each level?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    Is there a way to tell what ability level a TU is without having an encyclopedic knowledge of its affects at each level?

Read the description included with it, it will tell you exactly what it can do.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Well, yes, I could do that. But I seem to recall back when TUs were first introduced, there was a number on their card to indicate what level it was - so you could see it at a glance. Why was this taken away?
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    CNash wrote:
    Well, yes, I could do that. But I seem to recall back when TUs were first introduced, there was a number on their card to indicate what level it was - so you could see it at a glance. Why was this taken away?

I would really like an answer to this question. Assuming I didnt miss seeing it when it was originally given.
  • Dayv
    There's a number on the TU to tell you the character level of the TU, but I don't think it's ever listed how many covers it was at. You can read the text in the details to see the power effects, which can give you ask idea how many covers it's at. More importantly, this text will tell you exactly what the v version of the TU in use will do. Moonstone's Gravity Warp throws people off because it varies so widely in effect, but there are other skills (especially AP theft or tile generating ones) with significantly different effects and/or AP costs at different covers.

It would definitely be nice if they added a second number to it for the number of covers.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    DayvBang wrote:
    There's a number on the TU to tell you the character level of the TU, but I don't think it's ever listed how many covers it was at. You can read the text in the details to see the power effects, which can give you ask idea how many covers it's at. More importantly, this text will tell you exactly what the v version of the TU in use will do. Moonstone's Gravity Warp throws people off because it varies so widely in effect, but there are other skills (especially AP theft or tile generating ones) with significantly different effects and/or AP costs at different covers.

It would definitely be nice if they added a second number to it for the number of covers.

I'm 99% percent sure that the cover level used to be shown. Otherwise it would be strange for me to notice when it went missing.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to say it disappeared when they added the big "delete" button.
  • Dayv
    I want to say it disappeared when they added the big "delete" button.
    That would make sense, in a disappointing way.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    There needs to be a way of understanding the level of the team up you are fighting against - I took the explanation at face value but just had same issue when a team up was used against me and I had groot blue strike tiles on the board so that mean the team up had to be 3 covers or less - yet it did 2k + of damage fighting level 80 odd enemy.

So it was a 3 cover team up that did 5 cover level of damage or something isn't right.

If I can't know what cover level the team up I'm fighting against his can I plan to combat it - somewhere there is something that needs fixing in here as the current situation is I get **** no matter what happens - I can't defend against what appears to be a moveable feast.

For me I would be simple - only allow team ups of a power covered to 5 - then everyone would know what they are fighting - btw - this is happening to me in pve and dpd - so it's not like it's team ups given by an alliance mate - d3 is choosing to cause this confusion or choosing not to stop it occurring.
  • Dayv
    You can always look at the enemy team details to see exactly what the effects of their TU will be before they use it. It's good to know even for less-complicated powers, because you might want to know if you should expect a little love tap or a speeding truck when they accumulate enough TU AP to fire the ability.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It might be helpful to display the number of covers for the ability on the team up tile again.