The rewards in DDQ should be switched

20three
20three Posts: 371
Just third time's the charm and dat character required. I can't imagine anyone arguing that third time can at least be somewhat of a challenge while dat character is an absolute joke, yet the prizes don't reflect that. Dat character required should have the lesser prize of a paltry amount of Iso, not just because it's easier, but because if you complete third time and win a taco token at least you have a slight chance at getting the character you need in order to complete the character requirement and play a little farther. Sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounds like you are not the target audience for DDQ. It's meant to be an aid to develop the 3* roster, so the cover is supposed to be the big payout.
    As an aside, I am very happy there is actually a cover I need in the DDQ today... Hasn't happened in a long time.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    It sounds like you are not the target audience for DDQ. It's meant to be an aid to develop the 3* roster, so the cover is supposed to be the big payout.
    As an aside, I am very happy there is actually a cover I need in the DDQ today... Hasn't happened in a long time.

I don't think he's suggesting making 3rd Time's the Charm the gate for the Big Enchilada. Just swapping the ISO and Taco rewards on Dat Required Character and 3rd Time's the Charm.

For the record, this is one aspect of DDQ that I'm happy with as is. As I'm in the 2 - 3 transition I'm not yet starved for ISO so a lot of days I don't bother doing 3rd Time's the Charm. If they were swapped I'd have to do it every day and it's not going to change how often I have to do Dat Required Character.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Grantosium wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I don't think he's suggesting making 3rd Time's the Charm the gate for the Big Enchilada. Just swapping the ISO and Taco rewards on Dat Required Character and 3rd Time's the Charm.

For the record, this is one aspect of DDQ that I'm happy with as is. As I'm in the 2 - 3 transition I'm not yet starved for ISO so a lot of days I don't bother doing 3rd Time's the Charm. If they were swapped I'd have to do it every day and it's not going to change how often I have to do Dat Required Character.

I was. But 1000 ISO is pretty much worthless, besides with a taco token there's a very good chance you'll end up with at least a 2 star character to trash for an ISO, besides the possibility of actually getting a 3 star character that you need.
  • Kheiron
    Kheiron Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    1000 ISO is far from worthless. The majority of the time it will be far more valuable than anything you get from the token, and eventually the ISO becomes the main motivation for doing DDQ at all
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kheiron wrote:
    1000 ISO is far from worthless. The majority of the time it will be far more valuable than anything you get from the token, and eventually the ISO becomes the main motivation for doing DDQ at all
    What he said. The need for ISO will eventually outweigh the need for anything else. I currently have all three-star covers I want (well, maybe one more Ragnarok blue would be nice), my HP stockpile is in five-digits range, so right now ISO is really all I need. When I get needed four-star covers, I have enough ISO to level them immediately.
    Hey, some day the ISO stockpile might grow large enough that I can spare a bit to max Invisible Woman and softcap Devil Dinosaur... both are currently only at level 70. I'm giving priority to the four-stars that are actually worth a damn though.