** Storm (Classic) **

Elleby
Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
edited January 2017 in Character Details
icon_storm.pngStorm (Classic) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Lightning Storm
Power Cost - 12 greentile.png

Ororo shatters the air with a volley of lightning.

Power Level 1 - Deals damage and generates AP from (1 for every 2 greentile.png her team has plus an additional 2) destroyed, random tiles.
    Power Level 2 - Additional 3 tiles.
    Power Level 3 - Additional 4 tiles.
    Power Level 4 - Additional 6 tiles.
    Power Level 5 - Destroys a total of 1 tile for every greentile.png the team has.

Wind Storm
    Power Cost - 11 bluetile.png

Storm creates a whirling tempest.

Character Level 15:
      Power Level 1 - Deals 238 damage to all enemies and stuns the target for 2 turns.
      Power Level 2 - 298 damage.
      Power Level 3 - Stuns target for 3 turns.
      Power Level 4 - Increased damage.
      Power Level 5 - Stuns for 4 turns.

Character Level 94:
        Power Level 3 - Deals damage to all enemies and stuns the target for 3 turns.
        Power Level 4 - 1838 damage.
        Power Level 5 - Stuns for 4 turns.

Raging Tempest
        Power Cost - 0 yellowtile.png

Storm surrounds her team with a whirling tempest that unleashes fury when provoked.

Character Level 15:
          Power Level 1 - If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, deals 36 damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 238.
          Power Level 2 - 43 base damage. 286 damage if team below health.
          Power Level 3 - Increased base damage. Increased damage if team below health.
          Power Level 4 - Increased base damage. Increased damage if team below health.
          Power Level 5 - Increased base damage. Increased damage if team below health.

Character Level 94:
            Power Level 3 - If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, deals 258 damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 1715.
            Power Level 4 - 294 base damage. 1960 damage if team below health.
            Power Level 5 - 331 base damage. 2205 damage if team below health.

Last Major Update: 2013-12 / Earlier Discussion

Original post:
            The game just downloaded an automatic update a few minutes ago. (iOS)

I then continued doing the Double Shot tournament, and went up against a team with Classic Storm. I naturally start attacking Storm first so that I don't set off her Raging Tempest by attacking a teammate. Much to my surprise, attacking Storm herself was setting off her Raging Tempest. Is this a bug or are we actually supposed to take group damage anytime we hit Classic Storm herself for more then 20%?
            Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• thought they fixed this damn bug. was this ur second fight? (ie you lost one round and continued the battle) Seems to happen after doing that.
            • Nerf bat ahoy!
              (PASSIVE) Storm surrounds her team with a whirling tempest that unleashes fury when provoked. If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, it deals (x) damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to (about 6.67x).

So it triggers when Storm herself is hit now, but does not generate Red AP and damage is dramatically reduced.

RIP Thor-Storm ubiquity.
            • Elleby
              Nope, it was my first battle against that team. It was also my first battle after the update installed itself. Perhaps they are related?
            • mags1587
              mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
              Yeah, just played a team with Classic Storm -- used Thor's red power against her and triggered the tempest. Confused me for a second and then noticed the damage was a lot less, too.
            • hmm maybe. i've fought a bunch of storm battles and haven't ran into this. if you see repeated behavior, make a note of it and send to devs.
            • They seem to have nerfed her now. She does around 2xx - damage if her allies get hit for 20%. And her old 17xx if everyone is below 50% health. Wish I made my storm 5-5-3 but at least she was good a while icon_e_smile.gif
            • Maybe there is some glitch triggering her skill when attacking her and not only teammates.
            • Does it still generate red AP?

I feel bad for newer players. She was pretty much a necessity to get through some of those PvE levels.
            • I'm happy, now this decoy-strategy is gone ^^ upvote for more team variety
            • Gorran wrote:
              They seem to have nerfed her now. She does around 2xx - damage if her allies get hit for 20%. And her old 17xx if everyone is below 50% health. Wish I made my storm 5-5-3 but at least she was good a while icon_e_smile.gif

Lol 5 in blue adds what, 1 more round of stun?
            • Unknown
              edited December 2013
              whee

igsuWD2WISa4h.gif
            • Elleby
              Just tried another battle and the same thing occurred. I hit C. Storm (and only her) for more then 20% and she summons her Tempest. Definitely not a one-time occurrence in my case. I got smacked by it 3 times just taking her down.
            • It really isn't a horrific nerf. Changing the base damage will help avoid Storm-Storm whirlwind loops. Storm will no longer be the default meat shield for teammates; the damage is enough to be annoying but if a teammate is dangerous you can take them out first and suck up the gusts. However, since it triggers when she herself is hit, she's still a priority target, and it'll be harder to take out teams including her without incurring damage along the way. The lack of Red AP generation means Thor-Storm is no longer the no-brainer solution and guest-on-a-stick just became less effective, which should improve team diversity.
            • pics for the nonbelievers:

igsuWD2WISa4h.gif
            • DumDumDugn wrote:
              Gorran wrote:
              They seem to have nerfed her now. She does around 2xx - damage if her allies get hit for 20%. And her old 17xx if everyone is below 50% health. Wish I made my storm 5-5-3 but at least she was good a while icon_e_smile.gif

Lol 5 in blue adds what, 1 more round of stun?

Yes one more stun. But I think the nerf made that one round more useful than what going from 3 to 4 in her yellow ability.
            • Elleby
              Well at least I now know it isn't just me.
            • Her power definition for Raging Tempest just got changed.

It triggers when anyone gets hit for >= 20% max health, including Storm, for a lot less damage. It does not generate Red APs any more. If everyone is below 50% health, it does a lot more damage when it triggers.

This means that Thor - Storm - teammate-on-a-stick is no longer nearly as easy to utilize. You can target her teammates first now without suffering massive damage, but her chip damage via Tempest is enough that you can't simply ignore her. Storm-Storm whirlwind fights should also be a lot less frequent now.
            • New text on power (L83, 4 covers in yellow):

(PASSIVE) Storm surrounds her team with a whirling tempest that unleashes fury when provoked. If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, it deals 254 damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 1699.

And the cover levels have changed too -- added damage at L5.

It no longer provides red AP.

Major nerf.
            • Okay, I'm not really a fan of the new change to Raging Tempest. There's no way to avoid taking damage when fighting against her through smart play unless you 1-shot her or deal less than 20% each time. With the previous Storm, you can just focus her down first with the risk of letting their heavy hitters gain some AP during those few turns, but playing smart lets you avoid taking damage.

The new change doesn't promote playing strategically. You're pretty much guaranteed to take team damage no matter what you do.
            • Not a bug, just change, read her abilities

Finally