Suggestions on who to cut from roster

Spiritclaw
Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I've got a Bullseye 3* that needs to be claimed within 5 days. I don't think I'll have enough for a 48th slot by then. Candidates include:

2/1/1 Quicksilver
2/0/1 Vision
3/2/0 Sentry
5/5 Juggernaut (my only 1*, routinely gets me 2500 ISO a day.)
or any of the following 2* characters, fully covered and leveled:
Ares
Black Widow
Magneto
Storm
Thor

I'm reluctant to go below 5 2*s, since there are sometimes conflicts in DDQ.

Or, of course, I could reluctantly let bullseye go.

I'm leaning toward Quicksilver of Juggs, since the former seems terrible and the latter I could build again without too much pain.

Vision has one less cover than Quicksilver, and also seems bad, but not as bad.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Oh, and I expect to get one more vision and quicksilver cover shortly through DDQ, if that changes anyone's opinion.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the neatest answer I could give is pick one of either Ares or Thor; mechanically, they fill the same role (and cover the same colours).
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    first guy i dropped when i needed space was 2* human torch. any 2* with an identical 3* counterpart is probably expandable.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Something to consider, among two star characters, I only have Storm, Thor, Wolverine and Black Widow and never have had to play the DDQ short-handed.

Now on who to drop, frankly I would advice you to go with whatever character you like less. I do not know how far you are in your transition but it sounds like you are at a stage where you need to focus on developing your top characters, not collecting all of them. Whoever you drop, you will have the chance to build again eventually, and way faster than you think.

I would drop either Ares or Magneto.
  • You can do Deadpool daily with Ares, Thor, Storm, and OBW.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tier wise sentry could go.

But he could come up in ddq, so thor. Like others are suggesting, though it isn't at all uncommon for him to be boosted in pvp. (usually ares is as well, and fills the same role and colors though so eh)

The only odd conflict in DDQ I had was when storm and mag were on the 3rd node, but star.pngstar.png bullseye and star.pngstar.png black widow handled the situation effortlessly.

So Sentry or thor. (if you kick sentry you'll likely kick yourself when he's in DDQ and you miss out on a taco.)
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I would drop ares or mags. I actually never have had an ares on my roster
  • QS in DDQ is coming up in 3 days so I'd wait so u can at least get the taco token that day. Who knows maybe you'll win enough hp in the vault to get the roster slot and not have to worry about dropping anyone. If that's not the case then I'd lose Ares in favor of Bullseye. Thor will be essential in ISO 8 Brotherhood starting tomorrow so you'll wanna keep him. Hopefully by the time Ares rolls back around as essential you'll have him back. He won't be essential in the pve after ISO 8 Bros either so that'll give u some leeway.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    isn't QS just like SW and vision always a required character in the ultron events? as much as I hate him if he's consistently required for an event that seems like a good reason to keep him.

for DPQ's reasons I would say absolute must keep chars are Ares and OBW since they both rock it and I just recently dumped my 2* thor since he really doesn't feel that great ever since his big nerf or get much use while ares is sometimes buffed in PvE's and is an absolute monster when buffed. storm and mags 2* also still have a place for utility reasons.

i'd dump 2* thor personally.
  • But if u dump 2Thor now say goodbye to the 2* essential node in the pve starting tomorrow. So if u plan on placing even semi-well you are gonna want him. If you don't care about the pve then I'd toss him too. I get far more use out of Ares. But that's just personal preference. Regardless I wouldn't get rid of anyone before last minute. Alot can happen to inform your decision in 5 days.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    In my opinion, 2* Thor has better synergy with 2* Storm. And if I had to keep one team for 2* DDQ, it would be Mags, Thor and Storm.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    I would drop ares or mags. I actually never have had an ares on my roster
    You are missing out, Ares is one of my favorite 2* to play, particularly when he's boosted. I almost always bring him out in the Thunderbolts mountain sub in Prodigal Sun to battle Hulk. Ares can usually make short work of Hulk before he can get angry.
    Ares is also never locked out of the DDQ nodes. Storm and Magneto gets blocked from certain nodes - I don't think OBW is though. Thor I am unsure of as I only use him when Storm is unavailable.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The true answer is $10-20 and make life easy on yourself for a while, but understand that's goes against some people's moral/financial ground.

That said, dunno how anyone is answering this without an idea of what your 3* roster looks like.

If you have a usable 3* Thor, then the answer is 2* Thor and it's not close. If you're still relying on 2* characters for PvE/PvP, then it's probably Sentry (Ultron point with required QS is a good one, and applies to Vision too)

Juggs is not the answer if he's the only 1*, because voluntarily giving up 2500iso per day seems like a terrible idea.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm trying to figure out why you'd drop any of them with multiple covers for your single cover 3* Bullseye.

I'd sell Bullseye, problem solved.

I have him (5/3/2 lvl 43), haven't put any iso into him and have never used him outside of an essential.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think it's wise to make assumptions about the next run of Ultron based on the last two runs. It seems reasonable that
    A) It will mostly be Avengers who are required and
    B) The cool nodes will require the cool new characters to unlock.
    Will Quicksilver be the cool new character next time Ultron runs? No, probably not. It's more likely Sam Wilson/Captain America is required for those nodes, possibly with Sam Wilson/Falcon as an alternate.
    On the other hand, it does seem safe to assume that the next run of Prodigal Sun will also hand out another Sentry cover, so he should be marginally easier to replace.
  • Spiritclaw
    Pretty much the only use I get out of my 2* roster is DDQ. The arguments in favor of getting rid of a 2* seem sound: if I drop Ares or Thor, there are some rare ddq battles I'll have to do with a less desirable team, but I can still do them. If I drop Quicksilver (despite his awfulness) that would be one DDQ per cycle I simply can't complete.

My go to team of 2* characters on the account in question is thor/mags/storm. I've done the big enchillada with them a lot of times, and they serve me well. At this point, I've got several level 140 or so 3*s, including Thor. That reduces my two star needs to two battles a day.

Of course, at this point a two star who happens to be buffed will outclass a three star that isn't.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* thor looks like the odd-man out in that lineup. Ares is better than thor all-around in 2* land before even considering that 3* thor already exists and does everything 2* thor does but better.

He's nice to have, but hardly essential when you already have ares/obw/stormneto covering all 2* needs.

Smurf is right that dropping some cash on HP for roster slots would be a good investment to make if you want to spend on the game. In any event, it may be time to hold off on opening tokens until you stock up some HP for roster slots. . .
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    My 2* Thor is sitting covered at lvl 15, and Ive never used him for DPDQ. I use the following four: Storm, Daken, OBW, Ares and never have any issues.

I think 2* Thor would be my suggestion....though the upcoming PVE might change that. And I agree with the question about why keep the 3* Bullseye? I have one at 5/2/2 and lvl 40....zero ISO in him, with never a regret.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    In the abstract, I'd drop Quicksilver. While he's not totally useless, he's a VERY niche character who's only useful with a lot of covers and with specific character teams.

Juggs is your friend. Juggs gives you 500 iso guaranteed every day. (If you find a way to lose that first DDQ node with Juggy..... I just don't know what to say.) Juggs is a monster in Combined Arms. Keep Juggs.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Juggs is a monster in Combined Arms. Keep Juggs.

While he is, the better option is a lvl 1 version since it heals faster. And there is some debate on whether to go 5/5 or just 5 in red so he doesnt use green AP.