Reporting Potential (Ab)Users

Nate7671
Nate7671 Posts: 47
Hello

Please excuse me if this has been previously posted but I could not locate using a quick search.

Yesterday I was in a Lightning round and after about 30min or so a new leader appeared at the top of the list of participants. When I looked at this persons roster there were maybe 6-7 toons all around level 10-15. This person had gained over 400 points in the round.

How is this possible? Also if this was in fact some sort of hacker how do I report him/her on my Ipad?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    not a hacker.. when i was a noob, i regularly got 400+ points in LR's with only a couple 2*s, you get seed teams, followed by other noobs and whatnot, the loaner does most of the heavy lifting.

This is why you see 1000 people in a bracket, but only ever fight like 20 of them.. you would never put a max 270 team against any of the 150 noob teams in that bracket.

If you fight the seeds (100 pts) and 10 other noob teams , each worth 20 - 30 pts, that is 300-400 pts in about 45 minutes, and rarely any retals, as most of the noob teams are just doing seeds for iso.

Now if they hit 650-1k with only 6 slots and no leveled toons.. i would be concerned.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    you would never put a max 270 team against any of the 150 noob teams in that bracket.
    When they redid MMR, they told us that once you're score gets high enough, everyone can see you.

If the road to 400+ in LR was this easy for someone with lv10 characters, I think we'd see way more of them on the first page of the leaderboard. I'm way more inclined to say that this person is a hacker.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instructions on reporting suspected cheaters may be found here.

Threads discussing suspected cheaters go downhill quickly, so I'm going to preemptively lock this topic.
This discussion has been closed.