Grab-a-Goon

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
While getting slashed in the face repeatedly from Wolverine/Gorgon due to red feeding goons, I thought to myself "I want my own goon."

Imagine a random mini-game in goon trivial nodes in PVE where one of the goons are replaced with a very basic street goon wearing a white-beater and backwards cap. A pop-up appears on the screen "GRAB-A-GOON! Beat the goon in X turns, but you must also use X ability to capture him!" So let's say you need to beat the basic goon in 3 turns and you must use Spider-Man "All Tied Up" to capture him (Think of it as catching Pokémon or Chocobos in FF). If you succeed you just "Grabbed a Goon!" Now he/she is on your side to raise and build for PVE.

Your basic goon will have simple CD abilities that damage for a few HPs. These goons do not level up with covers but through gameplay (like normal RPGs). The experience gained can be the point amount on the PVE node. Once your basic goon reaches a certain level you will be prompted to "Choose a Side," you can pick whether you want the goon to work for Doom/Bots, Kingpin/Maggia, SHIELD, Gorgon/Hand. You will then get the most basic goon from that chosen groups, let's say Thug for Kingpin. Now you have your own Thug! You can continue to level him and once you reach a certain level you can choose to "Upgrade" him to the next goon-type, Thug~Hitman. If you upgrade your level will reduce back to 0 but you will retain the HP/Tile Damage (Think of it as the Job System in FF or Fire Emblem). You can do this all the way to the top, Thug (1*)~Hitman (2*)~Muscle (3*)~Maggia Don (4*).

The Goons wouldn't cost a roster slot, they would have their own separate roster tab called "Goon Farm"

This could be a cool little diversion away from the main game. What do you think?

icon_bro8.pngicon_doombot.pngicon_hammer.pngicon_maggia.pngicon_shield.png :hand: (missing Hand goon icons!)

Comments

• teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    I too would like goons on my roster, especially Maggia Muscle and some Hand ninjas.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    teknofyl wrote:
    I too would like goons on my roster, especially Maggia Muscle and some Hand ninjas.

I want caltrops on my side pls, thanks. That is not available from Kingpin!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about a node where we are given all goons and have to play like the AI. No moves avilable just AP generation and CD tiles. Can you kill 3 MPQ characters with 3 goons of the same level. Could be an all new PVE
  • Malcrof
    wymtime wrote:
    How about a node where we are given all goons and have to play like the AI. No moves avilable just AP generation and CD tiles. Can you kill 3 MPQ characters with 3 goons of the same level. Could be an all new PVE

Can you specify where tiles go? Can you hoard AP and put out 5 things at once? Is Gorgon a goon????
  • Punisher5784
    wymtime wrote:

I was thinking that too but it would likely be 1-Goon per event, we can't have 3 Goons.. although it definitely could be interesting, you pick which CD's to throw out. Muscle & Teisatsu team all day. They can call this particular PVE: Goon Wars! or Goonies (Never say die) lol
  • Punisher5784
    Malcrof wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Can you specify where tiles go? Can you hoard AP and put out 5 things at once? Is Gorgon a goon????

I originally had the Sentries on here but to be fair Goons should not be able to move the board so Gorgon or Sentries technically are not Goons. I am curious if the goons actually place their own tiles or if it's random.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

I originally had the Sentries on here but to be fair Goons should not be able to move the board so Gorgon or Sentries technically are not Goons. I am curious if the goons actually place their own tiles or if it's random.

If they place their own, then it could be fun, but i want the annoying ones, the quick pistol shots, tietsu's always firing red, and some caltrops.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Malcrof, if this was a goon vs goon event then caltrops wouldn't be that effective. You need board movers for that, but I am down with the idea of a separate event involving this type of gameplay. Like the OP said, make it RPG like and you can level up your own goon. Either that or you can pick a random goon and make them what you want it to be by having power sets that are available to the different types of goons.
  • Malcrof
    Various38 wrote:
    Malcrof, if this was a goon vs goon event then caltrops wouldn't be that effective. You need board movers for that, but I am down with the idea of a separate event involving this type of gameplay. Like the OP said, make it RPG like and you can level up your own goon. Either that or you can pick a random goon and make them what you want it to be by having power sets that are available to the different types of goons.

i was referring to this:
    wymtime wrote:

The MPQ chars would move the board, so Caltrops would be very useful.
  • Punisher5784
    Ugh this got moved to Suggestions, meanwhile there are 10 other posts in 'General' that technically do not belong. Most players go to the General, we need some more fun posts instead of the usual "this game sucks.. blah blah blah."
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Well Punisher, look at it this way. Maybe, they are considering such a mode. That would actually be fun to play.