Gorgon DOES NOT trigger Daredevil's Ambush.....???

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
Two characters left standing :

My DD vs. Gorgon

I use the last of my AP and PRAY TO GOD that it lands in a cluster of reds. AND IT DOES!!! I quickly glance around the board and there is NO other match that the AI would think to go for. But, maybe he WILL NOT match the red though, because it's my Ambush and 2 Awake The Hands, but.....

HE DOES IT!!!!!! I literally start bouncing around in my chair because, after being LOLed Cascaded by the AI as usual, this has FINALLY worked out for me and I have FINALLY won this ridiculously over scaled battle, after hours and hours of trying.......

But Gorgon DOES NOT die........

He simply creates 2 Awake The Hands Attack Tiles.........

Which then in turn kill me.

Can someone please explain this stupidity? Thx.

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    My guess: The matching player always have priority on ability activation. Therefore, the secondary effect of Awaken the Hand tile (creating attack tiles on match) activates, creates an attack tile which overwrites your trap tile, and the trap effect never activates.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    That could be it. Add also that for some reason the game will not activate all effects on the same turn, when the AI is activating an effect and has priority.

To put it simply, what might've happened.
    AI matches your tile, begins to drop off his hand babies.
    Decides that there are no other matches to be done.
    Forces its own turn to end.
    Ambush is still in queue behind hand babies for priority.
    Ambush is no longer technically on the board.
    Effect whiffs.
    Hand babies punch you in the balls for damage.
    You die.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    Blahahah wrote:
    Effect whiffs.
    Hand babies punch you in the balls for damage.
    You die.

This is a brilliant summary of what happens anytime one engages in the masochist futility of MPQ.
    How is possible to love something so much and hate it so much at the same time?
    Because crazy.
    "(conk) Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo, nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk. (bonk) Ooh!"
  • My guess: The matching player always have priority on ability activation. Therefore, the secondary effect of Awaken the Hand tile (creating attack tiles on match) activates, creates an attack tile which overwrites your trap tile, and the trap effect never activates.
    If his trap tile was matched it wasn't on the board anymore to be overwritten.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    My guess: The matching player always have priority on ability activation. Therefore, the secondary effect of Awaken the Hand tile (creating attack tiles on match) activates, creates an attack tile which overwrites your trap tile, and the trap effect never activates.
    If his trap tile was matched it wasn't on the board anymore to be overwritten.

Just like XForce's Recovery CD doesn't destroy the tiles you matched away to trigger the CD's damage. Except that it did for a long time.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gorgon don't like trap
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    In Soviet Russia, Gorgon traps you!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he had the AP, Gorgon also might have created new countdown tiles, overwriting your trap, before the match.

Moving this to Bugs and Technical Issues.
  • TLCstormz
    Why is it now considered a bug or a technical issue, if nothing was "wrong", as you have suggested?

Move it back, please.
  • Dayv
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Why is it now considered a bug or a technical issue, if nothing was "wrong", as you have suggested?

Move it back, please.
    All questions about actual, possible, or perceived bugs in the game should go in this section. It is possible that you have discovered an actual bug here -- some posters (including me) were just offering alternate explanations for what may have happened.
  • TLCstormz
    And what is the actual point of having moved it, then?

I mean, it's not like an actual bug tester or a developer specifically goes through this area of the message board that typically collects dust, correct?
  • Dayv
    TLCstormz wrote:
    And what is the actual point of having moved it, then?

I mean, it's not like an actual bug tester or a developer specifically goes through this area of the message board that typically collects dust, correct?
    The point is to keep the board organized. Throwing everything in general discussion makes for a crowded mess.

Developers do read this section, but they don't confirm every suspected bug we discuss. Some really game-breaking ones will get confirmation, but some minor ones go on a list of things that should get fixed eventually, and if they confirm those without having a fix in sight people tend to get more impatient over it.