Which 2*s should remain on a 3* roster?

Options
2»

Comments

• i love my bullseye. i think he's a good TU send for the person that knows what to do with being able to drop 6 tiles off the board... or better yet, add in 2 critical tiles. i've been able to get the 4 count critical several times, given the right team this is an easy set up. 9800 is a whole lot of points to wipe out at once.

i don't own a 2*daken. never have. only situationally do i use the 3* version, similar to all characters, but i think i use him the least.

i just added ares after months and months of resistance. didn't like fighting him because i was getting a whole lot of "sunder", self damage moves just aren't appealing. added ares because he was a required in a PvE and if you have a team that can get 30 green AP.... he's a one hit wonder.
  • I've kept OBW, Ares, Magneto, and Storm. Storm is useful for TUs, and Ares + OBW handle the 1k ISO DDQ node. I guess I could dump Magneto, when I think about it, although I like stormnetoing the 2* wave node in DDQ.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    tl;dr:

Keep: OBW/Storm/Magneto/Thor
    Pitch as you need the roster space: Everyone else.

/tl;dr

It won't be long before the only time a 2* makes your team is for the 2* required missions and in Deadpool Daily.

If you are willing to cycle the required 2* through at level 15, you need one roster slot to keep up with that part of PvE. If you don't want to do that, then consider which characters are going to be required more than others... the heroes. Bullseye, Daken, Moonstone, and Ares are less likely to be required in most PvE events.

My 2* required team for nodes 2 and 3 in DDQ is OBW/Bullseye/Thor.
    I used 2Storm/2Mags/Hood for the final node until I had a covered PX/GSBW/SW team ready to go.

In that case:

OBW is a keeper.
    Storm is a keeper.
    Magneto is a keeper (if only because there is no better battery for Storm and his Red is great).
    2 Thor is a keeper (because he can finish node two and three by himself).

Daken/Moonstone/Ares/Bullseye can be cycled through on the odd time a villain comes up as essential. I've never believed that Ares had a place in a transition team... he's old news and should almost never find his way on your team.

2 Cap is essentially useless. Cycle when needed.

Wolverine had his uses and I can't bring myself to pitch him, but I really don't use him except as an essential... maybe if I was still playing my 3*s at level 120 and he was boosted.

I'm not as big a Hawkeye fan... mostly because I was using him where I now use PX. I don't trust CD tiles. Speed Shot can do a ton of damage, but that doesn't mean you are going to be able to carry a squish into 3* land for very long. Especially when PvP becomes the primary focus and the only reliable way to get 4* covers.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Then again, I'm building a Bagman just as a trophy... so grain of salt.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arctic_One wrote:
    I currently have 18-3* characters at max covered, 9 of those are max levelled. I do have every 3* on my roster. Only 4* worth mentioning is 8 covers on my xforce.
    I also have 12-2* characters all max levelled. This has to be too many.

Keepers - Ares, OBW, Magneto, Storm, Thor
    On the fence - Daken, Hawkeye, Moonstone, Wolverine
    Probably should drop - MsMarvel, JStorm, CapAmerica

My 3*Daken needs work yet, Patch is maxxed.

Am I thinking properly? Any thoughts welcomed.

Do you use your 2*'s for anything but DDQ with your current roster? If you're primarily concerned with DDQ + the ones who punch above their weight (Stormneto & OBW), remember that Storm, Magneto, Daken & Wolverine are all locked out of some 2* only DDQ missions. I've found that between DDQ & her new black ability, Moonstone is getting a ton more use for me, because stealing enemy tiles is extremely useful in DDQ and she's never locked out of any 2* DDQ nodes--not many may agree, however. I also tend to use the Dark Avengers a lot in DDQ, as more often than not doing so conserves health packs for other the characters I'd to use in PVE. I haven't sold off any of my 2*'s, though, so that probably makes a difference here.

As it looks right now, you could probably drop 2* Cap, Torch & Wolverine and replace them with two new characters and a rotating 2* spot for PVE essentials (assuming you play PVE) and not notice any difference. When you need more slots, Daken could probably go when your 3* version is more covered and 2* CapMarvel could be pretty easily replacable, although I could see hanging onto her sooner, due to the difference in abilities from 3* Marvel. Like everything else, your personal preferences in play style will answer this question much better than any of us could...