BlackBerry

the majority users in the world is either on android or iOS, my question to you ppl is would this app (MPQ) work with the BlackBerry Passport especially after they added amazon market app to connect through the android store. Has anyone on this forum have any experience using amazon's market? I'm an old BB user and although i love my iPhone 6 plus i would love it even more if i can switch back to my BB. Thank you

P.S
this is my very first post icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Welcome! (I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you; I've never used a blackberry and never will. Just wanted to welcome you to the dog & pony show that is our forum.) icon_e_smile.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    IIRC, the devs have previously addressed why the app isn't on other marketplaces, like Amazon (which would allow it to be played on Kindles with no hassle), Windows Phone and Blackberry - it's because the overheads necessary to support another marketplace, even if the code is largely the same (which it may not be) are too great when balanced against the potential userbase on those devices.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    CNash wrote:
    IIRC, the devs have previously addressed why the app isn't on other marketplaces, like Amazon (which would allow it to be played on Kindles with no hassle), Windows Phone and Blackberry - it's because the overheads necessary to support another marketplace, even if the code is largely the same (which it may not be) are too great when balanced against the potential userbase on those devices.

I can understand this, I only know one person who has a window's phone and that person isn't someone who would play MPQ. I don't know anyone with a Blackberry, there may be a few people I know with Kindles but I think they probably just use them for books. It would be kind of nice to see it on Amazon for me personally though. Every few months I get Amazon app store credit, usually around $20-$25, I think because I am a prime member and get stuff fairly regularly. I currently don't have any use for it in the Amazon App store and it just ends up expiring. I've been completely self sufficient with my personal and alliance rewards since February of 2015 as far as hero points go so I've been 100% F2P since. If it were on Amazon, I'd gladly use that credit I get every so often for MPQ since I wouldn't be using it for anything else and it just ends up expiring since I forget about it. It would probably only amount to $100 or so per year but it would be more than the $0 I'm currently spending. I don't know anything about the overhead and I guess that someone has already done the math and found it to not be worth it, but an extra Stark Salary worth of Hero points per year that effectively costs me nothing would be pretty sweet. Although they seem to be doing just fine only being on Android, Apple, and Steam, still a man can dream....
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    URL deleted by moderator. -DayvBang
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please don't post links to alternative downloads in the forums. There are no authorized places to download MPQ other than from the official Apple, Google, or Steam stores.

This policy has been confirmed with the site admins.

Not speaking as a moderator, I would personally recommend against using a third-party site to download the binaries, as they could easily be modified, with viruses or other malware embedded in them. Also, you would have to find a download source again every time there's a client update.
  • Well i guess that answers my question whether or not i should get a BB, guess I'll be sticking with my iPhone 6 plus. no way hell can i drop this game for hardware lol.
  • Welcome! (I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you; I've never used a blackberry and never will. Just wanted to welcome you to the dog & pony show that is our forum.) icon_e_smile.gif

Thank you, i've always been a ghost reader here on the forums, but i finally decided to come out and make my first post.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I also get Amazon App store credit on occasion and would love to spend it on this game. sucks that it's not available there.
  • OGRazer wrote:
    the majority users in the world is either on android or iOS, my question to you ppl is would this app (MPQ) work with the BlackBerry Passport especially after they added amazon market app to connect through the android store. Has anyone on this forum have any experience using amazon's market? I'm an old BB user and although i love my iPhone 6 plus i would love it even more if i can switch back to my BB. Thank you

P.S
    this is my very first post icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Ditch the BB.