PLEASE fix/tweak PVP problems

Options
This suggestion is one I am sure you’ve been hearing a lot, just want to add my voice to the chorus. As you know there is a fundamental flaw in your PvP system. At its core you have a system that is totally unbalanced and unfair to players who are progressing and doing well in tournaments. Over the past three or four PVP events, and assuming you have a high MMR, once you get to around high 5 hundreds it is impossible to progress any further without an extreme amount of luck and timing with shields. Because of the paucity of players in that scoring range, al matching I’ve been seeing are for 10-15 points at a maximum. And every time I play a match, by the time I am finished I’ve been slammed by three or four attacks for anywhere from 25-50 points each. It’s literally impossible to progress in the tournament while playing the game. This brutal and fundamentally unfair system is the worst design imaginable. Why penalize your player base, especially when they are winning matches? Why would you want to promote a format where the only strategy to win is not to play? This isn’t Wargames the movie, it’s a mobile game.

I understand the playing field has to be fair for beginning as well as veteran players, but there has to be a better way. I also understand you are trying to discourage high level players from skipping around and only targeting much weaker opponents, but again, there HAS to be a better way. In the interim at least, these low MMR players scoring big in tourneys should become targetable for attacks by anybody once they reach a certain rank on the leaderboards. It’s totally unfair that someone can sit unmolested and unattackable at the number one spot while other players who have been pouring so much time and effort into this game can’t even see or touch them in matchmaking.

In lieu of a total revamp of the matchmaking system, or other core changes, I suggest limiting points lost on defense to no more than ten, regardless of how many points the attacker wins from beating you. At least these 80-90 point losses while playing would even out somewhat in this case, and progression would still occur by winning matches. You could even this out by making match losses on offense much more damaging to your total score, like double the current damage or something. At least this way you are losing points because of your own mistakes or underestimating the limits of your team.

If this is not how you’re leaning right now, I’d love to hear developer thoughts on what the current plan is to fix this broken poorly designed system.