1k, roster level

Options
SnagglePuss
SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
This is all variable depending on luck/boosted/shards/shielding and what not but what avg roster lvl do you need to hit 1k. 13 fully covered, most of the rest at 10+ covers all at lvl94.

Can either push a big group to 120 / medium group to 130 / select group to 140 or perhaps just Thor/IF to (top tier properly covered) to 166. Little hesitant lvl a big group if they are not going to be boosted for the season, looks like dead money in the short term.

Or as has been suggested just stay at 94 and work on ISO/ properly covering 3*s and abusing PvE... which i don't play that much anymore... because it's much more fun missing 3/4 PVE and getting thrown into a newbie bracket.

Roster here and let's say i can spend 1Mil
http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MightyPhi/

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hrm. I'd probably take a select group to 140, or a medium group to 130.

PvP is all about the boosted roster now. Top tier unboosted 166s are a lot less threatening than they used to be. My worry would be that if you level Thor/IF to 166, that you'll only perform well in weeks where one of them are boosted. I think the old advice about taking two 3*s to 166 and using them for PvP no longer applies.

3*s at 140 boost very nicely, even if they're not featured, and if you have more of them, you're less likely to have a "bad boosted week". At 120 they don't quite hit the levels that you'd like, when boosted.
  • SnagglePuss
    Options
    tx

It does look like playing the boosted roster game is the current in thing and 140 seems to be the upper edge for that without going full 166.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agree with morph3us here.

166 isn't worth the price for everyone, and having a deep roster is essential now.

Get everyone up to 120 asap. Then level the weekly boosteds to 140ish if you want to compete in a particular event. And take essential 3*a as high as you like without reservation as iso allows (imo the best 3*s are cage, if, cyclops, khan, thor, bp, switch, lazy thor, hood, loki, and "the one I have inevitably forgotten" in no particular order.
  • SnagglePuss
    Options
    So i asked this over two months ago and during the last two seasons i've been levelling my roster.

Initially i took the core 8 or so to 140 and eventually all the rest to 120.
    I made 1k once during the anniversary week for Bag Lady...

I regularly get to 800, can hit 900 and have been tantalisingly close to 1k on other occasions.. The usual one fight to hit 1k, but come out -80 points.... it would probably be easier if i learnt to shield icon_mrgreen.gif

This week, as both Mags and Patch were boosted i bumped up the core to 166 and a few to 140 including RnG.

I could bring RnG to 153 to ward people off a little more, but that leaves the ISO reserves pretty low and i'd rather spend on others or bring people up to 140 during the PvP season.

Will run this configuration to see how this goes, hopefully i can hit 1k more regularly.
    PvE is harder but i have a wider roster to select from so allows better experimentation.... otherwise known as stick Cage/Fist in there..

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MightyPhi/
  • SnagglePuss
    Options
    Hit the blue HB today in RnG PvP
    RnG 140
    Patch/cMags 166

Not the best of synergy but managed to make it without shielding.
    slice 1, first push to 650 odd.
    Got hit a little and used some free time at work to did the odd fight to about 750.
    Did a big push from there and hit 1k.

Slight panic when looking for that last match, only to come out and find the pts are not the same as the match up screen. Quickly found a low pts but easy team. Would have been less panicky if i shielded.

SG then Vision next... not sure who to partner with SW as no-one else is 166.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did the same this morning, though I had to shield overnight because someone kept hitting me back even though I was taking more points than he was getting. Milked that for as long as I could but I had to sleep.

Daken and Steve Rogers are both boosted, and you've got max covers on both of them. Daken will make some strike tiles for you while you match green for SG, and you won't be tempted to match them since you'll have a hole in red if you're set on bringing SW. (though this will power up the opposing SG's purple). Steve's a freight train that's hard to stop once he gets going. Yours are high enough level when boosted to hang tough for most of the event. If you feel like it, throw some more levels on them as you go.
  • SnagglePuss
    Options
    Had to shield in this one, Sunday/Monday are never good in terms of timing especially if you want to avoid the mad last hour dash.

Decided against Dak as you could put close to 9k damage against an opponents one, put a few defence tiles out and the strike tiles didn't matter either (although that leaves you open to nuts).

In terms of HP
    Spent: 75 + 150 on shields
    Gained: 25+25+50 (Progression), 50 (T25), 50 (T250 alliance)
    Net: -25 which is pretty good.

Was temped to break shield and go for that T10 match (had something easy lined up), however the shield hop was done with a speed team (SW/DP/SQ) against a max Fistbuster team which i whaled. Which meant a risk of being picked up quickly and hit.

Onto Rulk PvP which should prove interesting.
    Steve stays in, perhaps an opportunity for Dak or keep SW in.
    From the non boosted, dismantling FistBuster teams with Cyke was great fun. It gives you rainbow, not that it really matters as most people are using weak sauce loaner Rulk, but does flag you as a target because you "only" have a 166.