Replenish Character's Health When Leveling Up

Jam_Adams
Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
This has probably been suggested before, but I would like to see a character's health get replenished (if they are still recovering from battle) when you earn a cover and subsequently level them up.

For instance, I just used KK in the Heroic Jugg event in a battle that netted me the top progression award, a KK yellowflag.png . She was down to about half health after the battle. First thing I did after the battle was upgrade her yellowflag.png , and then leveled her from 91 to 102. it would be nice to have her health fully recovered when doing so, much like a lot of RPGs.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it used to be this way, but the devs thought better of it.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Yep it used to be this way. I think with the cost of leveling up in the 1000s now it seems a fair time to do it.
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Just playing devils advocate-- this would really alter pvp. You could save some ISO for leveling, then as you go thru your matches, instead of using health packs, you just add a level, then go on.
    So if you have enough ISO, it would really alter how long you could climb before shielding.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    I had previously thought of that. It would be a possible strategy I guess but would be limited in both cost and level up opportunities. We are in an age of one hit kills so we need more options for healing mid run.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Maybe have it be a %health recovery per level instead of topping it off. Another option could be full health from adding a cover instead
  • Viking Tacos
    Viking Tacos Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    How about a health restore after 10 levels to reduce abuses?

Or as an alternative a health pack stockroom. Have 10 packs, get 5 from the vault, the 5 go to the stock room. Have 8 and get 5, 3 go to stockroom. Your basic 10 (the ones that regen) are used first and you only draw on the stockroom if you are at zero. I've gotten extra health at random times and didn't want to use them because they would not regenerate. They come in handy for a big pvp push or grinding the tougher pve nodes.
  • Magere
    Oh yes, definitely after a cover is added, and percentage per level is kool too like 25% per level....those would cut down on abuses and make it worthwhile
  • Magere
    Oh yes, definitely after a cover is added, and percentage per level is kool too like 25% per level....those would cut down on abuses and make it worthwhile
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    it would be neat to get some temporary bonuses for a couple fights when leveling like increased match damage for a couple turns, doubles a single ability's damage and/or effect for a match, extra starting ap for next 3 matches, reduced damage taken by value or percent, block an enemy ability of your choice from effecting your hero, double healing rates for next 3 games these can be every 5 to 10 levels and get all effects for 3 turns when the hero gets maxed (hello shield hopping i see you drooling)

i think it would be better implemented as a battle exp kinda thing where your character gets some for doing things your character should be doing, i.e. fighting or supporting
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    ^battle experience would be great. it would be awesome to build up experience points, which in turn could be used to level up a cover. this would add an RPG wrinkle to the game, and would encourage and add incentive to using lower covered characters

this has probably been suggested before. and I could see the reasoning behind not using it. even if XP were very slow to build, it would add something to make it worthwhile to use those lower characters on your roster
  • ajkiwi
    ajkiwi Posts: 3
    Yeah, I reckon a percentage of health back on level up (10%-20%) would work best. That way you'd get the advantage without significantly messing with game balance in pvp.